Leno

Expert Member
I have been on the Vumatel network for about 9 months. Every single month I have similar issue where randomly it will drop for 30-60 minutes and by the time you get hold of someone it automatically starts working.
However since Wednesday (15/09 20h00) been down and so has rest of Port Elizabeth Vumatel clients. Been escalating and asking on all social media platforms without Vumatel giving feedback. Saturday (18/09) came up between 06h45 and 17h00 and down again.
Yes I am paying more than others non-Vumatel people for my 50/50 connection hoping it would mean that I would get service... It's not the case.
Fortunately I have both Vumatel and Frogfoot running past my house so tomorrow (Monday) I will be signing up with Frogfoot (and recommending to others around me on Vumatel) , Frogfoot can only be better!
Yeah Frogfoot has its issues but its mainly down for a few hours, being down for days is quite rough!
I would love to have 2 providers available, I would half my line speed and get one from each (working from home so I have to have a backup - LTE at the moment)

Leno

Expert Member
FYI

Dear Frogfoot Customer,

Please be advised of the following Standard maintenance:

Change Request Reference:FRG1539301
Change Title:Backhaul Capacity Upgrade | Walmer and Lorraine
Maintenance Type:Standard
Maintenance Description:Upgrading backhaul capacity in PLZ between ISWalmer and WalmerLorraine
Technical Description:Backhaul between Walmer and IS will be dropped and brought up on 40Gbps Once that link is up, the backhaul between Walmer and Lorraine will be dropped and brought up on 40Gbps
Impact Description:Subscribers at Walmer and Mangoldpark might drop or experience intermittent connectivity for the duration of the change
Reason for change:Upgrading backhaul capacity to have sufficient failover capacity in PLZ
Probability of customer impact:Certain
Maintenance Date and Time:2021-10-05 23:00:00.0 to 2021-10-06 07:00:00.0
Change Status:Planned Change

Leno

Expert Member
Dear Frogfoot Customer,

Please be advised of the following Emergency maintenance:

Change Request Reference:FRG1537262
Change Title:Emergency| NLD Maintenance | Link testing | Knysna - PE
Maintenance Type:Emergency
Maintenance Description:Our supplier needs to run tests and apply fixes on the NLD fiber between Knysna and Plett.
Technical Description:Pulse used is too high, links require re-testing.These will affect NLD5 between CPT and PE (Traffic will re-route - check before change starts to confirm diverse path is not down).
Impact Description:NLD services will be down. Port Elizabeth, Grahamstown, and King Williams town services will reroute
Reason for change:Light level retesting and fault resolution. Pulse used is too high.
Maintenance Date and Time:2021-10-02 08:00:00.0 to 2021-10-02 18:30:00.0

eddief1

Expert Member
Dear Frogfoot Customer,

Please be advised of the following Emergency maintenance:

Change Request Reference:FRG1537262
Change Title:Emergency| NLD Maintenance | Link testing | Knysna - PE
Maintenance Type:Emergency
Maintenance Description:Our supplier needs to run tests and apply fixes on the NLD fiber between Knysna and Plett.
Technical Description:Pulse used is too high, links require re-testing.These will affect NLD5 between CPT and PE (Traffic will re-route - check before change starts to confirm diverse path is not down).
Impact Description:NLD services will be down. Port Elizabeth, Grahamstown, and King Williams town services will reroute
Reason for change:Light level retesting and fault resolution. Pulse used is too high.
Maintenance Date and Time:2021-10-02 08:00:00.0 to 2021-10-02 18:30:00.0

I watched them install that section of the NLD, not surprising there are issues - some sections are buried at 30cm max

thewusman

Expert Member
FYI

Dear Frogfoot Customer,

Please be advised of the following Standard maintenance:

Change Request Reference:FRG1539301
Change Title:Backhaul Capacity Upgrade | Walmer and Lorraine
Maintenance Type:Standard
Maintenance Description:Upgrading backhaul capacity in PLZ between ISWalmer and WalmerLorraine
Technical Description:Backhaul between Walmer and IS will be dropped and brought up on 40Gbps Once that link is up, the backhaul between Walmer and Lorraine will be dropped and brought up on 40Gbps
Impact Description:Subscribers at Walmer and Mangoldpark might drop or experience intermittent connectivity for the duration of the change
Reason for change:Upgrading backhaul capacity to have sufficient failover capacity in PLZ
Maintenance Date and Time:2021-10-05 23:00:00.0 to 2021-10-06 07:00:00.0

Dear FrogFoot, from your customers.

You are kak.

turbolunce

Im currently on the Frogfoot network with Vodacom as my ISP....i have a 200/200 line, but my ping averages around 14. However, my buddy in Cpt is with Coolideas on a 100/100 package and he has latency of 2ms...