barrytemp

Sounds like a ipv6 problem maybe, or MTU
Does https://ipv6-test.com/ show a pass?
Thanks Leno
The test passes IP V4 but fails the IP V6.
Thing is it is the same weather app that normally loads fast and then later (next day) cannot load after 30 seconds.The same for websites.

I tried the URL on a Telkom ADSL which also fails the 6.

I think I am using auto DNS

Last edited:

Leno

Expert Member
Thanks Leno
The test passes IP V4 but fails the IP V6.
Thing is it is the same weather app that normally loads fast and then later (next day) cannot load after 30 seconds.The same for websites.

I tried the URL on a Telkom ADSL which also fails the 6.

I think I am using auto DNS
MTU problems seem to cause hang vs giving an error straight away like with other issues

Probably best to open a ticket and @AfriNatic can help check these for you (router MTU setting etc)

The ipv6 test would fail on ADSL as I dont think its implemented there
When the weather app is working, try the ipv6 test just for interests sake

barrytemp

MTU problems seem to cause hang vs giving an error straight away like with other issues

Probably best to open a ticket and @AfriNatic can help check these for you (router MTU setting etc)

The ipv6 test would fail on ADSL as I dont think its implemented there
When the weather app is working, try the ipv6 test just for interests sake
Thanks for the advice Leno

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Incoming maintenance planned for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 08h00 - 17h00 with 40 - 60 minutes downtime expected per day

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Incoming maintenance planned for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 08h00 - 17h00 with 40 - 60 minutes downtime expected per day
...during work times. FFS pay the engineers overtime and then leave us to have Internet whilst working from home.

What a stupid decision.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Have openserve digging by my house so hopefully I can kick frogfail to the curb soon.
I see they're getting closer to where I am. Hope to start the New Year with at least my fibre provided by Openserve and another ISP (bye bye Vox and useless Frogfoot).

Aldulain

Awesome sauce, seems vumatel is active in my area. Will have to step down from 100mbps ↕️ to 50mbps ↕️ but if they have better stability it doesn't matter

Aldulain

I guess they wouldn't be here.
Their internet works so they don't have to be here complaining about vrotfoot

IceQB

Expert Member
Just saw they available as well in Newton Park
Share your experience or create a Vuma thread
I've seen quite a few complaints on there FB page. Especially out in Algoa Park where they recently trenched.

Aldulain

I'll likely only do the change over in Jan. Don't want Vox/Vrotfoot to screw up now and then I sit without internet completely for December