PhireSide

Honorary Master
Seems the trend since last year August when I reset my Smokeping stats was that the average latency has been slowly increasing. It was averaging around 11ms in August of 2020, and slowly went up over the course of the past eight months to around the current average of 27ms.

1618554507195.png

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I feel like I'm talking to myself here lately but kudos to FF for their power redundancy network - our power's been out since 08h00 and the internet is still up and running in the PhireSide household (courtesy of our inverter).

I predicted that the node we are connected to might have run out of juice by 12h00 but it seems to still be happily chugging along.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
I feel like I'm talking to myself here lately but kudos to FF for their power redundancy network - our power's been out since 08h00 and the internet is still up and running in the PhireSide household (courtesy of our inverter).

I predicted that the node we are connected to might have run out of juice by 12h00 but it seems to still be happily chugging along.
Same here :popcorn:

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Is that speedtest or pings, looks like speed test?

If so what does a speed test from your pc look like
Those are pings to my first hop. Went from ~23ms to over 300ms.

It's come down since, but I can see my speed test also took a dive this morning:

1618822330849.png

veethree

How long does it take Frogfoot to activate a line? I've moved houses and the new one had fibre installed but the line hasn't been provisioned and I've been waiting two weeks now. My ISP (Afrihost) keeps escalating the request but Frogfoot are deafeningly silent. Anyone know an alternative route to getting Frogfoot to do something?

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
How long does it take Frogfoot to activate a line? I've moved houses and the new one had fibre installed but the line hasn't been provisioned and I've been waiting two weeks now. My ISP (Afrihost) keeps escalating the request but Frogfoot are deafeningly silent. Anyone know an alternative route to getting Frogfoot to do something?
Maybe you have to use Vox ISP. I'm with Axxess and still waiting to get connected to recently installed fibre in our suburb, but seems Vox clients are getting preference. Of course, Frogfoot is owned by Vox.

veethree

Maybe you have to use Vox ISP. I'm with Axxess and still waiting to get connected to recently installed fibre in our suburb, but seems Vox clients are getting preference. Of course, Frogfoot is owned by Vox.
Interesting! Well, they finally sorted it out but it wasn't fun waiting. Will bear your comment in mind if there's a next time.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Interesting! Well, they finally sorted it out but it wasn't fun waiting. Will bear your comment in mind if there's a next time.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting you activated.

I'm not familiar with the details as to whey exactly your activation took this long but Frogfoot has certain migration procedures that needs to be follow that might cause delays if the previous ISP has not loaded the cancellation ticket and approved the early release.

thehuman

Expert Member
New tenants across road requested a new install middle march , 1st April they were on premises to install new line. Must ask them the isp.

Convex

Capture.JPG
Just did a speed test on my 10/10 line with axxess. Seems they are gearing up for the 1 may switch :D

• Love
Reactions: Yuu