Are you sure that it is Telkom ?

Pretty sure hey

If I check telkom coverage its connecting the townhouses close by to the mill park area

Runs down the golf course road all the way to Mowbray to the white telkom box.

Is there a way to tell like with pipe colour or something?
 
Pretty sure hey

If I check telkom coverage its connecting the townhouses close by to the mill park area

Runs down the golf course road all the way to Mowbray to the white telkom box.

Is there a way to tell like with pipe colour or something?
Does not make sense. Mill Park and golf course works off Parsons Hill exchange.

Townhouses work to Newton Park exchange.
 
Telkom FTTH now available in the lower part of my road but not the upper part where I live... this is torture...
 
Grief just confirming its probably that useless MTN that dug up my street. Typical the most expensive guys will be the first.

So close yet so far Telkom
 
Do you know if the map is updated after set intervals of time or after each update?

In theory it is the day after the installation has been signed off by all local role players, the new network has been properly integrated into the network and the HO team at the NNOC has confirmed that it is all OK on all systems.
 
In theory it is the day after the installation has been signed off by all local role players, the new network has been properly integrated into the network and the HO team at the NNOC has confirmed that it is all OK on all systems.

Ok cool, I understand, thanks.

Any idea why when FTTH is already planned for some areas (and they are busy with installation) but is never shown as planned on the coverage map, and is then only updated to available FTTH once done?
 
Ok cool, I understand, thanks.

Any idea why when FTTH is already planned for some areas (and they are busy with installation) but is never shown as planned on the coverage map, and is then only updated to available FTTH once done?

Probably happens when complexes are done.
 
I saw that today as well. Can only imagine the catch to uncapped.

Thinking along the lines of a 10gb FUP or something knowing MTN.
 
You guys seen these prices for MTN FTTH? http://www.firestream.co.za/pricing-ftth-mtn.html :wtf:

Trying to confirm with these guys if they offer it via MTN FTTH in PE too

I'm interested too. Have you messaged them to ask about any small print?

I saw that today as well. Can only imagine the catch to uncapped.

Thinking along the lines of a 10gb FUP or something knowing MTN.

I don't see any specific usage limit in the AUP. It is very suspicious though considering how terrible MTN's prices are.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X