George Floyd death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sweep it under the carpet don't pretend it does not happen, don't vilify people like Colin Kapernick for peacefully protesting and to bring attention to the problem then when this happens you want to pretend peaceful protest works.

Don't let things like Ahmaud Arbery getting gunned down for being black in Georgia. Enabling people to do that.
In spite of the 911 call records, authorities failed to pursue the case.



William Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael use a racial epithet after fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery in Glynn County, Georgia, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent testified Thursday during preliminary hearings.
Bryan told police McMichael said "f***ing n***er" after three blasts from McMichael's shotgun left Arbery dead in February the streets of the Satilla Shores nerighborhood, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Richard Dial said.
The allegations came as Dial outlined the events that led to Arbery's death and told the court that before Arbery was shot, the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase, hitting the 25-year-old jogger with a truck as he repeatedly tried to avoid them.
As Travis and Greg McMichael attempted to head him off, Arbery turned and ran past the truck of Bryan, who filmed the killing, and Bryan struck Arbery with the side of his truck, Dial said.
The new details of the final moments of Arbery's life emerged amid a week of nationwide protests over another killing -- that of George Floyd by police in Minneapolis -- and demonstrators have also called for justice in Arbery's case.
Investigators found a swipe from a palm print on the rear door of Bryan's truck, cotton fibers near the truck bed that "we attribute to contact with Mr. Arbery" and a dent below the fibers, he said.
Though Bryan's attorney has contested allegations his client took part in the killing, Dial said Bryan first became involved by yelling to the McMichaels, "Do you got him?" when he saw them chasing the 25-year-old jogger. The McMichaels and Bryan have not entered pleas, but lawyers for all three men have proclaimed their innocence.
After yelling out to the McMichaels about Arbery, Bryan joined the chase, and at this point, none of the three had called 911, Dial said.
 
In spite of the 911 call records, authorities failed to pursue the case.


I read this story few weeks back before they where arrested it's a ****ing crazy story, two months to get arrested with video evidence.
 

America’s brutal response to protests has weakened its global standing - and been a propaganda gift to foreign dictators

The killing of George Floyd by police officers in Minneapolis was the latest tragedy illustrating a centuries-long history of racism in America, one so deeply ingrained that it endures despite the rights hard-won in the courts and Congress. Police brutality is, of course, just one of countless ways that African Americans and other people of color suffer from structural inequality and discrimination in America.

4295.jpg
 
Ideally. It hardly ever is the case though. I agree they need better training. I don't agree they should be charged with murder or manslaughter. It's just way over the top now that the full autopsy has come out.

Like I said earlier, I want them to go to jail but also not, at the same time.

It's probably not going to matter.

Antifa and BLM both seem to not want police or prisons.
So the cops will be let out of jail.
 
Any proof of this? Once a perp is in the car since when does it make sense to pull him out, especially if the reason for kneeling on him was he didn't want to get in the car?

He's already in. You've got what you wanted. Why pull him out?
I've been looking for the last 40mins. I can't seem to find the videos I'm thinking of. Until I do, just assume i'm talking shet on that point.
I agree, if it was unprovoked then yes, there was no reason to pull him out. That's why I wish we had bodycam footage to fill in that gap. Weirdly enough, why do we not have bodycam footage of these cops. I thought all cops in the US had to have that.
 
And corona virus. When you get corona let us know so we can come kneel on your shoulder/neck for a bit :p

When someone says "I can't breathe" they're actually just kidding around :D
Actually when you have a heart attack that is one of the symptoms.
 
Irrelevant if he was actually choked to death. The police still used excessive force that was unnecessary.

Why did the guy pull him out of the police car and pinned him to the ground? Just for fun. They shouldn't do that. It is police heavy handedness/police brutality.
No longer murder?
 

Cops are ****ing pussies who don't know the law. Assault and arrest over 'cussing in public'

Bootlickers love defending these c*nts.
decided to google this one, looks like it's illegal in one state:
 
No longer murder?
Kneeling on a guys throat for 8 min is definitely attempted murder or at least assault, if he then happens to die during that it is definitely real murder.

It's basically a question of murder 1 or 2 in US terms.

Murder 3/manslaughter/ accidental killing is way to lenient and assumes the cop didn't realise his knee was on the guys throat for 8 minutes after he unnecessary pulled him out of the police car and threw him on the ground
 
Last edited:
Kneeling on a guys throat for 8 min is definitely attempted murder or at least assault, if he then happens to die during that it is definitely real murder.

It's basically a question of murder 1 or 2 in US terms.

Murder 3/manslaughter/ accidental killing is way to lenient and assumes the cop didn't realise his knee was on the guys throat for 8 minutes after he unnecessary pulled him out of the police car and threw him on the ground
Murder is the intentional premeditated killing of another.
It's highly unlikely the cop went out with the specific intention of killing floyd on that day.

Reckless endangerment on the part of the cop resulted in Floyd's death
 
Murder is the intentional premeditated killing of another.
It's highly unlikely the cop went out with the specific intention of killing floyd on that day.

Reckless endangerment on the part of the cop resulted in Floyd's death
That's the correct definition of premeditated (1st degree) murder, but that is not what the dirty cop is charged with.

He is charged with 2nd degree murder which is appropriate for his actions.
 
GOP senator says she's 'struggling' on whether to back Trump

200131132404-03-murkowski-0129-exlarge-169.jpg



Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska broke with many of her Republican colleagues Thursday, applauding an op-ed by General James Mattis that condemned President Donald Trump's actions this week.

"When I saw General Mattis' comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we are getting to a point where we can be more honest with the concerns that we might hold internally and have the courage of our own convictions to speak up," Murkowksi said on Capitol Hill.

The comments were a stark contrast to many of her other Republican colleagues on Capitol Hill who argued that while Mattis had a right to disagree with Trump, they didn't agree with Mattis' assessment.

"I was really thankful. I thought General Mattis' words were true, and honest and necessary and overdue," Murkowski said. "And, I have been struggling for the right words, and I was encouraged a couple of nights ago when I was able to read what President Bush had written. And I found that to be empowering for me as one leader."

Murkowski, a Republican who has demonstrated an independent voting streak in the Senate, told reporters Thursday that she was still "struggling" with a decision about whether she would support Trump in November.
"I am struggling with it. I have struggled with it for a long time I think you know that. I didn't support the President in the initial election, and I work hard to try to make sure that I'm able to represent my state well that I'm able to work with any administration and any president," Murkowski said. "He is our duly elected President I will continue to work with him. I will continue to work with this administration but I think right now as we are all struggling to find ways to express the words that need to be expressed appropriately, questions about who I'm going to vote for not going to vote for I think are distracting at the moment."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X