Get phone number from IMSI Number

ethanator95

Yesterday morning i had my Samsung Galaxy S4 Snatched out of my hands while waiting outside of home affairs in Pinetown.

We have done the normal procedures by reporting it to the police, have blacklisted the phone via the IMEI number. We also had Avast software saved on the phone. The software sends an SMS to another phone if the Sim card gets changed.

This morning i received the SMS, it gave me the Following Information
  • IMEI Number
  • IMSI

Surprisingly the IMEI number had changed.

We took these details to the SAPS in Pinetown and they told us they would follow up on it. We took the IMSI number to Telkom (8.ta) and they told us that only the police can use the IMSI number.

Can anybody give me some extra information, or contact information to help me with tracking my phone?

bekdik

Honorary Master
It probably works like RICA or FICA. I.e. it doesn't

Last edited:

evilskaap

Expert Member
IMEI change is not surprising, you blacklisted the original one, they had to change it to use the phone again.

ethanator95

IMEI change is not surprising, you blacklisted the original one, they had to change it to use the phone again.
I am just surprised that it did change because I thought you couldn't change it at all. Thieves will always find a way.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
How to change IMEI number/
1. First Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* on your android device.

2. Now, click on Connectivity option or call pad,

3. Now look for CDS information and then click on it.

4. Then, checkout for Radio information.

5. Now, if your android device is a dual sim device. Then you will get two option like IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2 [SIM2]. Then select any one or of which you want to change IMEI number.

6. Now, change your IMEI number illustrated below,

AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2”

7. Now, just replace IMEI1 or IMEI2 with your any your desired number. and then click on SEND.
Anyone want to risk bricking their device to try this for me?

ethanator95

The service provider (Altech Autopage) said that the new IMEI is "Unknown to them" and that an IMEI change is impossible, that is why i was surprised to see it could be changed. So who do I contact then about getting the new IMEI blacklisted?

Spliffcat

Expert Member
People do not play on your cell in dodgy places. Well that seems to be 90% of SA.

Jola

Honorary Master
The cops have enough info there to solve the case.

Alas, ...

Jola

Honorary Master
One could argue that the cops have enough to do not to bother with phones.

But it's with this type of crime that it starts, solve this and they will uncover a lot more crime.

See the New York example, for instance.