Getting my ADSL Line from Axxess

325i

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know if it would be a good idea to move my line over to Axxess, Are they good with sorting out problems or do they take forever, how is their service, is your line working fine or is down most of the time....or any other problems that you have occurred.

MickeyD

RIP
Standard advice is to keep your ADSL line rental with Telkom and then select your ISP.

No, they do not get preferential treatment if your physical line is faulty.

If another ISP comes along with a much better product then you can switch ISPs. If your line rental is with an ISP you WILL struggle to switch it either back to yourself or to another ISP.

wayfarer

Expert Member
Transfering ADSL lines back & forth a brease

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know if it would be a good idea to move my line over to Axxess, Are they good with sorting out problems or do they take forever, how is their service, is your line working fine or is down most of the time....or any other problems that you have occurred.

I would suggest that you go ahead with Axxess. I was very hesitant, as I had heard lots of negative things about struggling to get back to Telkom or to another ISP, but I actually went through all this and then realised that people who warn about this never actually had first hand experience in it.

My line was with Telkom, moved to Axxess long ago, then back to Telkom, and then again with Axxess now for about 4 months, where I'm likely to stay (likely for a very long time, but who knows what will happen next in this industry). My ISP is Afrihost (and sometimes Webafrica). Never had any issues in transfer process at all. Axxess very good (I believe they're part of Afrihost now anyway).

The company that you're transfering to sorts everything out for you. It normally takes less than a week to complete (they say up to 14 days). There is no interruption in service, and both companies do a pro-rata billing based on the swap over date, so if you're going from Telkom to Axxess, your combined bills will be less than you would normally pay if you were with Telkom for the whole month. Telkom does have a tendency to bill you full for the month anyway, and then they subtract the amount owed to you with next bill.

Go for it...

killadoob

Honorary Master
No ways, you should never have your line with an isp. It will only lead to issues down the road.

325i

hey guys thanks for the advice....a lot of negativity about getting your line from an ISP...anyway thanks :)

Lounger

Expert Member
Depends which Axxess account. Their uncapped is throttled at quite an early stage but is fine until then.

325i

I was thinking of only just getting my line from Axxess and data from Mweb maybe

Yotch

Expert Member
I moved my line to WebAfrica more than a year ago and this has saved me a fortune. I haven't noticed any difference in fault repair turnaround times compared to when I rented the line from Telkom. WebAfrica has been very helpful with getting Telkom to attend to line problems.

MickeyD

RIP
Why can I not do that, as it is only my ADSL Line that I pay for...
See point 4.
Also - do you already have a landline? (point 1)
marketing_adsllines.jpg

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Axxess might be different, but currently I have just an adsl line with webafrica, and no data package from them. (previously had titan3 complete)
It does seem to be a bit difficult moving the line from webafrica to mweb where the data package is at the moment. Seems like a bit of an issue mweb side.

325i

Axxess might be different, but currently I have just an adsl line with webafrica, and no data package from them. (previously had titan3 complete)
It does seem to be a bit difficult moving the line from webafrica to mweb where the data package is at the moment. Seems like a bit of an issue mweb side.

If I may ask, why are you moving your line to mweb?