Going back to the army ?

R/SGT

Expert Member
Are these people really the majority? Hopefully not but even if they are I still don't think the other people that aren't going around assaulting others etc. need to thrown into the scheme.
No, but there is a definite increase. The question is how do we seperate the two?

We're also assuming that this is magically going to make people into upstanding, respectable citizens, is there any evidence of this at all?
No, but it would possibly influence them in a positive way.

Aside from that, what about the logistics? Conscription before was implemented for what, 10% of the population? How can the government realistically accomodate a 1000% increase? Should this program even be male-only? There's no reason why it should be today, especially considering it seems to have non-military aims. That's another 1000% increase.
The logistics for it would be very intimidating, but it can be done. True the government would have to get its act together. No it should be open to male and female.

This is a good idea that could have a very positive effect on our country.

It could also be a very effective way of breaking down cultural. tribal etc barriers.

Last edited:

Syndyre

Honorary Master
My only objection to the idea is if it was made mandatory, otherwise I think its a good idea and the same could be choosed by incentives, or for people that committed crimes etc. as juveniles it could be compulsory and they could perhaps be put in a more stringent program. I also think its probably just a ploy by the government to make it seem as if they are actually doing something about crime.

R/SGT

Expert Member
Syndre

What if it was incoporated as part of a university program for those who study and then a centre for those who arent. But it should be combined so that there sense of superiority of one over the other.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Syndre

What if it was incoporated as part of a university program for those who study and then a centre for those who arent. But it should be combined so that there sense of superiority of one over the other.
I think if something like that was implemented voluntarily it should include some sort of vocational skills programme for people that aren't studying past matric so that most of the population is at least semi-skilled. That would then presumably be unnecessary for people going to university.

R/SGT

Expert Member
I think if something like that was implemented voluntarily it should include some sort of vocational skills programme for people that aren't studying past matric so that most of the population is at least semi-skilled.
Agreed
That would then presumably be unnecessary for people going to university.
I don’t know about that, I know many people who go to university don’t really know what they want to do, so something like this could be a means of broadening their horizons

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Basically I don't have any objections to a voluntary program, I just don't agree with people being forced into anything. I think something like this, if implemented correctly, could help a lot of people, I just think they should be given the choice.