Google drive mounted in Windows/Linux

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ok, its an API error then. But I followed the Reddit post to the T... A few times.

Okay forget about the API and creating a secret.

follow these steps. Delete the current mount in config

rclone config

Then delete the one that is failing.

Now create a new one

name anything

google drive option 12

Leave client id and client secret blank just press enter

Answer 1 for full access all files

root folder and service account leave them blank

Advanced config N

Auto Config Y

Now login and give permission. Then if it's a team drive Y if not N and you are done.

No need for the client secret if you are mounting it as far as I can see. Those are for when you working with a headless/no screen server/machine

User52

Ok, working now. Noticed its copying files at disk speed, not line speed. Does it cache locally, then upload?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ok, working now. Noticed its copying files at disk speed, not line speed. Does it cache locally, then upload?

Unfortunately yes it does. Caches somewhere in C drive and deletes as it gets uploaded.

You can look at windows resource manager and click on disk when it's copying o see the folder location of the cache. Not quite sure if it can be changed though.

Also don't forget this step to speed up folder browsing.

User52

Unfortunately yes it does. Caches somewhere in C drive and deletes as it gets uploaded.

You can look at windows resource manager and click on disk when it's copying o see the folder location of the cache. Not quite sure if it can be changed though.

Also don't forget this step to speed up folder browsing.

Thank you, changed the above setting.
Works really well - thanks for the help.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thank you, changed the above setting.
Works really well - thanks for the help.

No problem. Yes it does work really well. Rclone and winfsp/fuse wow what a piece of software.

Also really nice that in my case and anyone in Gauteng on fibre is like less than 6ms from Google peering point which is nice.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is there any benefit to using Rclone Browser to upload files?

Well rclone browser is like uploader so it does not cache files locally when you copy and paste and you can set upload speed limits. It also keeps file structure which is nice.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
How would I copy from one drive to another?

I wanna copy from my personal 2TB account into a team drive that a friendly neighborhood superhero shared w/ me.

ItherNiT

How would I copy from one drive to another?

I wanna copy from my personal 2TB account into a team drive that a friendly neighborhood superhero shared w/ me.
If the content is smaller than 750gb you can do a server side copy. But drives need to be on the same google account, but separate Rclone configs.

example: rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GoogleDriveEbay1: og stuff/Movie (Updating folder)" "GdriveEbay1ShareDrive:Movies" -v

If >750gb you can copy with rclone normally with the bandwidth limit (--bwlimit 8650k). To prevent the 750gb daily limit.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If the content is smaller than 750gb you can do a server side copy. But drives need to be on the same google account, but separate Rclone configs.

example: rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GoogleDriveEbay1: og stuff/Movie (Updating folder)" "GdriveEbay1ShareDrive:Movies" -v

If >750gb you can copy with rclone normally with the bandwidth limit (--bwlimit 8650k). To prevent the 750gb daily limit.

Works great except for the 750GB limit :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
I see rclone also works with https://1fichier.info which costs 22 Euro per year for ~100TB cold storage unlimited hot storage. That can always be an alternative to Gsuite if they ever stop it. The only problem is they only allow 100GB CDN traffic so most traffic will be from France.

ItherNiT

That's a nice catch, will keep that in mind if google gives any problems. You can also get a MS office e3 account on carb for <R300. Those accounts lets you create 5users in total that can each have up to 25TB. All of that is stored/hosted locally. OneDrive also doesnt have a daily transfer limit, but does have a file size limit of 15gb.

cavedog

Honorary Master
That's a nice catch, will keep that in mind if google gives any problems. You can also get a MS office e3 account on carb for <R300. Those accounts lets you create 5users in total that can each have up to 25TB. All of that is stored/hosted locally. OneDrive also doesnt have a daily transfer limit, but does have a file size limit of 15gb.

Oof 15GB is a bit strict.

I have an uptobox premium account too. Unlimited storage. Hosted in France and had almost 2 years later my files are still hosted there. Paid 5USD for 12 months so bought x2 on the same account. Should have bought more. :(

rubber_otter

Expert Member

They are on different account. Well, it is they way I set it up, so its ok.

I have a queue set up on my mikrotik for all google traffic limited to 75Mbit. Seels ok so far. Started uploading a 2TB folder, and forgot about it. Finished in a couple of days.

cavedog

Honorary Master
They are on different account. Well, it is they way I set it up, so its ok.

I have a queue set up on my mikrotik for all google traffic limited to 75Mbit. Seels ok so far. Started uploading a 2TB folder, and forgot about it. Finished in a couple of days.

You can still do it easy.

In the shared drive click on members. Add members. Now add the 2TB google account to the shared drive. So now your shared drive will be available for use on both accounts. If you want to move files you can do that on drive.google.com if you want to copy then use rclone server side copy.

1. Add member to shared drive.
2. Add a new mount in rclone and with that mount signin with the 2TB google account.
3. Add another mount in rclone and use the 2TB drive and account.

Now you can server side copy between the shared drive and the 2TB drive.

You can add unlimited members to the shared drive they just need to be a google account. Since the storage is unlimited it will stay that but every user you add will obviously share the same drive.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
You can still do it easy.

In the shared drive click on members. Add members. Now add the 2TB google account to the shared drive. So now your shared drive will be available for use on both accounts. If you want to move files you can do that on drive.google.com if you want to copy then use rclone server side copy.

1. Add member to shared drive.
2. Add a new mount in rclone and with that mount signin with the 2TB google account.
3. Add another mount in rclone and use the 2TB drive and account.

Now you can server side copy between the shared drive and the 2TB drive.

You can add unlimited members to the shared drive they just need to be a google account. Since the storage is unlimited it will stay that but every user you add will obviously share the same drive.

I have it set up this way now, both attached to the same account.

So I wanna run this argument:

Code:
rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GooglePersonal:IFTTT" "GoogleTeam:PersonalDriveSnapshot" -v

All that is happening is that the IFTTT is copied over and the file structure is messed up (eg, not in a 'IFTTT' folder. )

Last edited:

rubber_otter

Expert Member
nvm, seems like it got it working as I want it.

Code:
rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GooglePersonal:" "GoogleTeam:PersonalDriveSnapshot" -v -P