Google drive mounted in Windows/Linux

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks @cavedog for helping me resolve this. Took a looong time but we finally figured it out.

What I dont understand is why this happens when I copy and paste INTO the drive. It seems like the file is pushed to a local cache, and is then uploaded.

View attachment 714795

Yes it will cache it on C until it's uploaded. That is why rclone browser is nice because it is basically just an upload or download utility. You can also use z-o-o-m.eu file uploader which works with google drive.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Yes it will cache it on C until it's uploaded. That is why rclone browser is nice because it is basically just an upload or download utility. You can also use z-o-o-m.eu file uploader which works with google drive.
Is Rclone browser supposed to give me current stats of speed and upload or download eta? All my fields are just blank.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is Rclone browser supposed to give me current stats of speed and upload or download eta? All my fields are just blank.

Nope it's not. Mine is also blank that is why I'm z-o-o-m.eu file uploader. You can see stats with it but unfortunately it does not keep folder structure.

ItherNiT

How are the migrations going?
Recently found out you can use Rclone to do GDrive to GDrive transfers on google side, but the 750gb limitation still counts. Also you can get some great gdrives distro's on ebay.

716475 716477

rubber_otter

Expert Member
How are the migrations going?
Recently found out you can use Rclone to do GDrive to GDrive transfers on google side, but the 750gb limitation still counts. Also you can get some great gdrives distro's on ebay.

Ag its going hey. It's now that I realize that 100Mbit upload is actually quite slow and tedious. Feels like the days of Liberty LAN and DC++.

What's this 750GB limit you speak of? Is that so much per day or how?

ItherNiT

I'm using the Seedboxes[dot]cc to transfer the data from those ebay drives to my OneDrive business and team drives. Getting around 200-600mb/s. They have rclone installed by default which is nice.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
How do I go about setting up a sync task? I tried it with one folder, but it doesn't seem to be automatically syncing the data. Do I have to manually start it every time?

cavedog

Honorary Master
How do I go about setting up a sync task? I tried it with one folder, but it doesn't seem to be automatically syncing the data. Do I have to manually start it every time?

The thing with Sync is that when you remove the file from your folder or local drive you are syncing when the sync task happens again it will delete the file from the server. I'm trying to figure out what service or scheduler I can use to automatically copy from a folder to the server.

So far a batch file the runs with windows task scheduler seems like an option. It would run the rclone copy command everyday or hour and rclone copy will not upload or copy files to the drive if they already exist. The issue with this is when I move the files on the drive it would upload them again next time the batch runs causing unnecessary file uploads and duplicates. :unsure:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Okay, so installed and configured Emby last night. Pretty decent! Not sure yet if I prefer it to Plex though... It does feel a lot lighter on its feet though. More responsive and doesn't seem to be using a ton of resources to run... once the episode is streaming it's quick to navigate with little to no buffering, seems to make use of a bigger cache than Plex/Kodi. And that's pointing it to the X drive I have configured on my server. Streaming over the local network is smooth and responsive!

I'm obviously keen to see what hit my data usage will take vs Plex. My main issue with Plex is the 60gb of data it uses daily just to keep things tidy. Immaterial if your files are on your machines internal drives but when using x drive, it's a bit of a liberty!

cavedog

Honorary Master
@ItherNiT How did you get the server side copy working. I'm trying but failing. rclone is downloading then uploading it and not server side copying. Very frustrating.

ItherNiT

I'm using the cmd command. Make sure the file name matches on google's side and that both drives/team drives are on the same google Gdrive account (gdrive>sharedrive). But both of them are separate rclone configs.

example: rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GoogleDriveEbay1: og stuff/Movie (Updating folder)" "GdriveEbay1ShareDrive:Movies" -v

@cavedog

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm using the cmd command. Make sure the file name matches on google's side and that both drives/team drives are on the same google Gdrive account (gdrive>sharedrive). But both of them are separate rclone configs.

example: rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GoogleDriveEbay1: og stuff/Movie (Updating folder)" "GdriveEbay1ShareDrive:Movies" -v

@cavedog

I was using powershell also.

Thanks I will give it a go again. That ebay drive is actually run a South African it seems... interesting

cavedog

Honorary Master
try jellyfin fork of emby but foss and great community on reddit

I tried it before but was disappointed because it wasn't scanning my google mounted drive properly so uninstalled it out of frustration. Will give it a go again and see.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Still following this thread for the technology insights and still confused that you guys are happy to use this for what is not very legitimate content on platforms where everything is logged and can come to bite you in the future. Do I really have my tin foil hat on too tight?

ItherNiT

Still following this thread for the technology insights and still confused that you guys are happy to use this for what is not very legitimate content on platforms where everything is logged and can come to bite you in the future. Do I really have my tin foil hat on too tight?
Well, I'm using a few VPS's to transfer all of the ebay content to my own encrypted drive so google doesnt know what the content is.