Google drive mounted in Windows/Linux

Daruk

Honorary Master
Got rclone browser working. It's currently uploading 5tb's of series... going to take about a week... running at full line speed... 100Mbps... hope the effort is worth the reward @cavedog :giggle: once done with series we will have a look at movies... about 15tb... afrihost account is going to take an absolute pounding!
Just curious why... Those series are probably already on the internet.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
The fault seems to occur when a file transfer is interrupted or becomes corrupted or when the file directories being copied have changed before the file transfer was complete.
No, its never worked. I stopped the service, uninstalled WINsfp, reinstalled, started NSSM again, started the service again, niks.

Tried the whole setup on a different machine, still no luck.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Do you recall when the issue started? Were you copying files using rclone browser? Or windows copy and paste?

cavedog

Honorary Master
No, its never worked. I stopped the service, uninstalled WINsfp, reinstalled, started NSSM again, started the service again, niks.

Tried the whole setup on a different machine, still no luck.
You checked the credentials in google api and credentials? You are 100% sure the google drive API is enabled?

What happens if you use rclone in poweshell does it work? You can check if it is working by running the command in powershell rclone mount gdrive:R Where gdrive is the mount name you used when setting up rclone and R is whatever drive letter you want it to be mounted on. Once you get successful message LEAVE powershell open and test the mount. If it works then your issue is with nssm not running the mount command correctly in the background.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
if your mount ever stops working for whatever reason you can restart it with nssm cammand in powershell or the Super easy way is just to run task manager click services tab then fine the nssm service name you used in the setup and right click to restart stop or start if the service failed to start for whatever reason.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
nssm service is running, API is enabled.

I even tried installing the service again with a different drive letter. Same story.

Client ID and Client secret were put in at step 2e and 2f of that reddit tutorial in powershell.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Wait, so you haven’t copied anything to your xdrive? You were getting the error right off the bat?
Yeah, I have never been able to get into it. I dont get it. The API Client ID and secret is correct. Followed the tutorial to the T. Could it have something to to with rclone browser not being set up?

cavedog

Honorary Master
nssm service is running, API is enabled.

View attachment 713463

I even tried installing the service again with a different drive letter. Same story.

View attachment 713467

Client ID and Client secret were put in at step 2e and 2f of that reddit tutorial in powershell.

View attachment 713469
Try changing the drive letter in the argument field in nssm make sure the mount name is the same you setup in rclone.

What happens if you just run the rclone mount command does it work then?

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Try changing the drive letter in the argument field in nssm make sure the mount name is the same you setup in rclone.

What happens if you just run the rclone mount command does it work then?
I tried that. Imma uninstall everything and start from scratch. Can't see why it wouldn't work.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I tried that. Imma uninstall everything and start from scratch. Can't see why it wouldn't work.
Yeah very weird because I set it up on 3 devices now without any issues. Seems complicated but pretty simple.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Wait, this would work with a regular paid version of Google Drive, right?

Also, I am working under the assumption that Rclone Browser is unnecessary. Because when it isset up, the remotes and jobs tabs are both empty.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Thanks @cavedog for helping me resolve this. Took a looong time but we finally figured it out.

What I dont understand is why this happens when I copy and paste INTO the drive. It seems like the file is pushed to a local cache, and is then uploaded.

ItherNiT

Can confirm this works for my Onedrive business account, 5tb storage added. I'm going to try the team drive thing tomorrow. Just bought 2drives for R15