Google drive mounted in Windows/Linux

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm using the cmd command. Make sure the file name matches on google's side and that both drives/team drives are on the same google Gdrive account (gdrive>sharedrive). But both of them are separate rclone configs.

example: rclone copy --drive-server-side-across-configs=true --stats 30s "GoogleDriveEbay1: og stuff/Movie (Updating folder)" "GdriveEbay1ShareDrive:Movies" -v

@cavedog
Thanks got it working :)

Cowboy619

Hi guys

New to all of this...... i have a 50/50 connection

I setup my team drive and mounted and all good in Windows

1. When copying files from my hard drives to the mounted drive via windows explorer it goes at 50mbs but then it does not show up in the Google Drive. I read about caching it local and then it uploads. Where is the local file storage? or how does it work
2. When using RCBrowser my upload speeds are 800kbs - 900kbs and it shows up in the drive. Is there a way to increase the upload and use my full line speed?

Thanks

@cavedog

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi guys

New to all of this...... i have a 50/50 connection

I setup my team drive and mounted and all good in Windows

1. When copying files from my hard drives to the mounted drive via windows explorer it goes at 50mbs but then it does not show up in the Google Drive. I read about caching it local and then it uploads. Where is the local file storage? or how does it work
2. When using RCBrowser my upload speeds are 800kbs - 900kbs and it shows up in the drive. Is there a way to increase the upload and use my full line speed?

Thanks

@cavedog
Yes so when you copy paste in Windows rclone caches it on the C drive and deletes it as the files gets uploaded. With Rclone browser I have also noticed slower than usual uploads when uploading single threaded uploads. I queue multiple uploads at a time to max my upload speed. I'm not sure if you can multi thread upload in rclone browser still need to check that out. I'm also using a registered version of z-o-o-m.eu file uploader. Works well for resuming and scheduled uploads. Might want to check that out.

Cowboy619

Yes so when you copy paste in Windows rclone caches it on the C drive and deletes it as the files gets uploaded. With Rclone browser I have also noticed slower than usual uploads when uploading single threaded uploads. I queue multiple uploads at a time to max my upload speed. I'm not sure if you can multi thread upload in rclone browser still need to check that out. I'm also using a registered version of z-o-o-m.eu file uploader. Works well for resuming and scheduled uploads. Might want to check that out.
Awesome. Do you know if there is a way to cache to a different drive?
I think i will just get the registered version of Zoom

cavedog

Honorary Master
Awesome. Do you know if there is a way to cache to a different drive?
I think i will just get the registered version of Zoom
I have no idea to be honest. I'm sure it can be set but not sure would need to read up on the rclone forums for help.

KaMoS

Expert Member
Guys, I don't want to be that guy but I don't think we should discuss this on a public forum. I know there are loads of other public places where this information is freely available but I'm SUPER paranoid of this getting out of hand. This is one of those technologies where you want to keep it hush-hush for as long as possible, because it's open to abuse.

I've been using Rclone since 2015, back when Amazon Cloud Drive was still a thing. They used to offer unlimited storage for $60 / year. People caught wind of the service and started abusing it and guess what happened? Amazon pulled the offer from the market. You'll notice that on /r/datahoarder, they don't often discuss g suit (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). I don't think it should be discussed here.

If Google decided tomorrow to enforce their 5 user rule or even worse, limit the service, we are stuffed.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Shhhhh just let the thread die off quietly....

We all know he is right.
Except he isn't. I saw a facebook ad with like 100k views of a copy or person selling these team drives for 40 Euro. So many comments. Also these drives are being sold on ebay for less than 1US for 2 team drives. I'm pretty sure we are talking peta and petabytes of storage being used like this whether we stop talking about it or not. If they ever stop or limit it well it was nice when it lasted.

User52

T
Probably API issue recreate API or a mount issue with NSSM
Tried on multiple PCs, this is the mount command:

mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive: X: --config "C:\Users\username\.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --vfs-cache-mode writes

cavedog

Honorary Master
T
Tried on multiple PCs, this is the mount command:

mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive: X: --config "C:\Users\username\.config\rclone\rclone.conf" --vfs-cache-mode writes
You have edited below with the correct username as it is on your pc?
C:\Users\username\.config\rclone\rclone.conf

User52

You have edited below with the correct username as it is on your pc?
C:\Users\username\.config\rclone\rclone.conf
Yeah I edited that, and should all be valid. Just giving a "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error" message. It picks up the drive capacity.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Also had to edit the drive letter, as the default was in use.
What happens if you mount it in rclone for example

rclone mount gdrive: V:

gdrive is the name of the mount you configured when setting up rclone and V is an available drive letter. Run that command in powershell or cmd but don't close it and see. If you get a 404 api error means it's an API issue.

User52

What happens if you mount it in rclone for example

rclone mount gdrive: V:

gdrive is the name of the mount you configured when setting up rclone and V is an available drive letter. Run that command in powershell or cmd but don't close it and see. If you get a 404 api error means it's an API issue.
Ok, its an API error then. But I followed the Reddit post to the T... A few times.