Gridhost vs Elitehost (Used both lately...)

rpdii

[Edit: Apologies for wrong word choice in Title, still a sleep :) ]

Hi all,

Just some feedback for those interested - used Gridhost and Elitehost recently (Shared Hosting)

Gridhost - Horrible Service, there's no other word except maybe horrible lack of service, the call centre person I dealt with was not eager to help, really felt like he was doing me a favor to assist - Will not RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYBODY! The worst service wise and attitude company I've dealt with in quite a while.

Your website is full of lies, your not committed to your clients nor are you there to assist!! :mad:

On the other hand:

EliteHost - Brilliant, fantastic support, great system and more than eager people to assist - placed order - received phone call in less than 30 minutes after placing - confirming the order - everything went smooth and without any problems - response times when emailing helpdesk@elitehost.co.za is within couple of minutes! Will RECOMMEND them to anybody - that expects service and availability of support! Keep it up guys! Thank you

Share you experiences with them

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
Also tested both , Gridhost worst hosting company I have dealt with pure crap reminded me of my days with afrihoax.

Elitehost, well They do host and they are Elite absolutely superior !

I will put them in the same sentence as Hetzner.

D3athD00r

Have you done a Hellopeter post for all the noobs not on myBB?
I know it sounds silly, but there are noobs out there somewhere...

chrismine

Elitehost I recommend too - the only time I had contact with Gridhost was to transfer a domain from them to Elitehost - it was not a pleasant experience dealing with Gridhost.

JasonH

Thank you for the post and kind words rpdii and a huge THANK YOU! to all the MyBroadband members who have complemented us on our service :)

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
Thank you for the post and kind words rpdii and a huge THANK YOU! to all the MyBroadband members who have complemented us on our service :)
The thanks is all yours ! Not everyday you get a company who still listens to its clients.

Love you guys.

porchrat

Honorary Master
Frankly you guys have earned the compliments. I have been using your hosting services for years now. As it stands I have no intention of moving. I've encountered hiccups every now and then (at one point your payment system was in a bit of a shambles (but that was a 3rd party's fault anyway) :p) but in my experience your team always does its best to resolve any problems I have and they do so fast and efficiently (despite me sometimes being a little short tempered :eek:).

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

rpdii

Well deserved! Thank you, awesome dealing with capable and passionate people!

@ D3athD00r

Will do a post on Hellopeter regarding Gridhost too...

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Company Rep
[Edit: Apologies for wrong word choice in Title, still a sleep :) ]

Hi all,

Just some feedback for those interested - used Gridhost and Elitehost recently (Shared Hosting)

Gridhost - Horrible Service, there's no other word except maybe horrible lack of service, the call centre person I dealt with was not eager to help, really felt like he was doing me a favor to assist - Will not RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYBODY! The worst service wise and attitude company I've dealt with in quite a while.

Your website is full of lies, your not committed to your clients nor are you there to assist!! :mad:

On the other hand:

EliteHost - Brilliant, fantastic support, great system and more than eager people to assist - placed order - received phone call in less than 30 minutes after placing - confirming the order - everything went smooth and without any problems - response times when emailing helpdesk@elitehost.co.za is within couple of minutes! Will RECOMMEND them to anybody - that expects service and availability of support! Keep it up guys! Thank you

Share you experiences with them
Hi rpdii,

Not good hearing you this unhappy with us but we can completely understand why. We would like to investigate this matter and find out why the agent you dealt with did not assist you as he/she should.

Please PM me your account details and we will give you a call.

Thor

Honorary Master
They have a rep?

Well firstly that's great ! It all ready makes your company more respectable.

Lets hope he gets sorted.

envo

Expert Member
+190 for elitehost, I still struggle to fathom the fast response times. I log a call then leave it for a day because I'm so used to companies not responding, meantime, the email I got wasn't an auto response thanking me for logging a support call, but an actual person already on the problem

rpdii

Hi rpdii,

Not good hearing you this unhappy with us but we can completely understand why. We would like to investigate this matter and find out why the agent you dealt with did not assist you as he/she should.

Please PM me your account details and we will give you a call.
Hi Gridhost,

Will PM you my details.

Would just like to point out - that the refund also took forever (around 9 days) - Again Horrible! This of course after having to follow up regularly, nobody answering (your side) being helpful nor friendly (quite a few people expect nothing else from Gridhost.)

Last edited:

rpdii

+190 for elitehost, I still struggle to fathom the fast response times. I log a call then leave it for a day because I'm so used to companies not responding, meantime, the email I got wasn't an auto response thanking me for logging a support call, but an actual person already on the problem
+1 - Same here!

Sidenote: Must say Hetzner also deserves a thumbs up like Elitehost!

Thor

Honorary Master
+1 - Same here!

Sidenote: Must say Hetzner also deserves a thumbs up like Elitehost!
You expect that from a company like Hetzner.

Thats why elitehost which is very small compared to that deserves an additional thumb

So its two thumbs up for elitehost

Solitude

Expert Member
I do wish that Elitehost had some kind of affiliate linking though. The other hosts give me a very small percentage when I send someone to them but Elitehost doesn't seem to have anything like it. Of course I will continue sending people to them but it's exciting seeing some money coming in. Even if it's just enough to buy a beer.

Thor

Honorary Master
True I also send a whole lot of folks to them to be honest