Guitar hero package, what console?

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Hey dudes and dudettes,

I'm looking for a full Guitar hero package, this would be the drums and the guitar included with the console. Does something like this exist?

And then, I would like to know from you, what would be the best console to play Guitar hero on? Xbox360 or Wii ? Or even PS3?

I would prefer to buy online.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

nic777

Expert Member
i was in Look and Listen Willowbridge the other day and they had the guitar, drums and mikes in one big box. No console included though.

Can't remember if it was for Wii or Xbox.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
i was in Look and Listen Willowbridge the other day and they had the guitar, drums and mikes in one big box. No console included though.

Can't remember if it was for Wii or Xbox.

Hmmm I'll have a look, willowbridge is near Tygervalley mall hey?

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Will have a look, I have found online shops a bit cheaper thats why i prefer buying online

sn3rd

Expert Member
Yeah, you can get the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle for XBox for a little under R3.5k in the shops. Same for the PS3, I think. Then the cheapest consoles you'll find are the XBox 360 Arcade for around R2499 and the PS3 Slim 120GB for around R3799

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Yeah I wanna get the xbox arcade along with the whole guitar hero setup, but just can't seem to find this package anywhere. Maybe its best to buy the console separate and the whole guitar hero package separate too.

sn3rd

Expert Member
Yeah I wanna get the xbox arcade along with the whole guitar hero setup, but just can't seem to find this package anywhere. Maybe its best to buy the console separate and the whole guitar hero package separate too.

Yeah, I think you're gonna struggle, especially given that the Arcade is the "budget" model.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Can I buy a hardrive for the arcade model? Seeing it only comes with 256mb internal memory

RPG_Fan

You can but I do not know if it affects the warranty. Also the HDD for the xbox are a little pricy. If you do plan on getting the xbox, then maybe you should just opt for the elite instead. I have not seen any console bundles that have the guitar hero setup with the instrument controllers.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Will keep that in mind.

So you guys think the xbox will be a better bet, in general?

sn3rd

Expert Member
Will keep that in mind.

So you guys think the xbox will be a better bet, in general?

Personally, I have a PS3, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But the 360 Arcade is the cheapest console you'll find at the moment.

You can buy hard drives for the 360, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect your warranty, as there isn't any opening of the console. It's just a snap-in module. But the hard drives are a bit pricey.

Warranty is not voided with the PS3, and you can use any 2.5" SATA hard drive.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Can one play 'backup' games on the PS3 yet?

I highly doubt it. But why would you want to? The second-hand market for console games is thriving and you can pick up some very nice specials on older titles at online shops like Kalahari and Take 2.