Gumtree website gets a big upgrade

Flipside

The "Browse Categories" dropdown keeps on popping up when accidently mousing over it.

I wish they would stop people from spamming by posting the same ad across multiple locations.

zululami

Banned
I have sold many things on Gumtree - including my car, cellphone, electronic equipment. All that's needed is for you to use common sense and you will not be scammed.

marlin178

Expert Member
I have sold many things on Gumtree - including my car, cellphone, electronic equipment. All that's needed is for you to use common sense and you will not be scammed.
Fair enough but I don't feel like dishing out my phone number to these scum nor wasting my time having to listen to their nonsense...

Marius Flash

Expert Member
So I check out the new Gumtree website....... their home page looks " Pretty" , but when you click on any category - it is the same old Gumtree? Nothing to see here?:confused:

Marius Flash

Expert Member
This and OLX. Just packed with scammers.
Yep !!! A friend of mine was conned out of 15K for selling his Apple laptop , and he is very aware of scammers and is extra careful, the transaction was a con and his only mistake was to send off the laptop before funds reflected in his account. Big loss:sick:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Yep !!! A friend of mine was conned out of 15K for selling his Apple laptop , and he is very aware of scammers and is extra careful, the transaction was a con and his only mistake was to send off the laptop before funds reflected in his account. Big loss:sick:
I consider myself to be extra careful and I was taken for a ride by two conniving white pensioners who sold me stuff that was never delivered. I know they live in Beaufort West but they used stolen IDs to claim the cash I sent through Checkers... and they used a store with no security cameras.

Syphonx

Expert Member
Extra careful but sent the laptop off before the payment cleared? That's basically rule number 1 for online sales, money first.

NullHypothesis

The sites homepage is looking more and more like the app. I preferred the previous design where all categories (and sub-categories) was easily accessible.

Thor

Honorary Master
I consider myself to be extra careful and I was taken for a ride by two conniving white pensioners who sold me stuff that was never delivered. I know they live in Beaufort West but they used stolen IDs to claim the cash I sent through Checkers... and they used a store with no security cameras.
Why would you send money to a stranger without the goods?...

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
fecking wanting to know if i will send it to Nigeria for their son, and paying extra for it.. now ways cluckers!

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So I check out the new Gumtree website....... their home page looks " Pretty" , but when you click on any category - it is the same old Gumtree? Nothing to see here?:confused:
Looks like all that was added was mobile optimisation. Still a pretty crap website.

Why would you send goods to a stranger without seeing the money?
You don't send either way unless there's a reason to trust the other party (eg. they're a well known business).

If face to face isn't possible, don't buy on Gumtree.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Rule number one, always meet in public, face to face and cash only.

As soon as you say that, the scammers disappear.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Rule number one, always meet in public, face to face and cash only.

As soon as you say that, the scammers disappear.
Once told a scammer i work for SAPS.. when i tried emailing again, email no longer worked