Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

K3NS31

Expert Member
I also have a Rii. The build quality is surprisingly good. Picked mine up from Gearbest on special a couple of years ago. It's a good option if you don't mind the wait. Was a lot cheaper than here.

enerdude

Expert Member
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 128GB Dual Sim 4G LTE Smartphone - R4199 @ smartphoneshop

After getting above deal in my inbox decided to check pricing on pricecheck and found the 6GB version on technify
for R2480 ??!? :unsure: It is their 'deal of the day' and ends in about 3hours.

They do also mention "This item is imported and takes 15-60 days for delivery. Delivery in SA is free"

Last edited:

ld13

Honorary Master
After getting above deal in my inbox decided to check pricing on pricecheck and found the 6GB version on technify for R2480 ??!? :unsure: It is their 'deal of the day' and ends in about 3hours.
Imported. Did a quick search online (gearbest), but could not source it at that price point.

Edit: Also, everything on their site seems to be "deal of the day" :sneaky:

Edit 2: You are at the mercy of SAPO it seems. https://www.hellopeter.com/technifycoza

Last edited:

howardb

Expert Member

Seems a good deal for a high spec laptop?

enerdude

Expert Member
Imported. Did a quick search online (gearbest), but could not source it at that price point.
Yeah I have also bought phones from gearbest but this is a good price. Even the smarthponeshop is not a bad price compared to the official distributor (mia africa) - that are selling at R4599

Adoxographist

Seems like the perfect deal at that price?

moondoggie86

CNA selling the Divoom Tivoo (Bluetooth speaker) for 399 (online and stores).

Was going for R1500 at The Gadget Shop for quite some time.

Fortunately got the last one at Canal Walk CNA last night.

donvilla07

This same laptop was going for R19,999 last week at Incredible. They seem to have some really decent laptop deals of late.

Wasabee!

Expert Member

howardb

Expert Member
This same laptop was going for R19,999 last week at Incredible. They seem to have some really decent laptop deals of late.
Yeah saw that, was going to buy it, added to my cart, then it was sold out. May purchase this one as it's still a good deal. Elsewhere seems to be R24k+ ;)

Totempole

Expert Member
"Technify.co.za is a Zimbali based importer. "
99% sure it's a scam. The pricing is just way too low even for a direct from China import. Just reading the Hellopeter complaints is enough evidence for me.

The couple of positive reviews look to be fake as well.

Loving my Garmin

Wendy T | 19 Sep 2019, 09:38

I am loving my Garmin Fenix 5. Took 38 days to arrive.
Happy customer

Samantha A | 12 Sep 2019, 10:18

I got my ring after 45 days. It's stunning. Very happy at the price paid
Reviews are almost exactly a week apart and both specify the exact number of days the "purchased item" took to arrive. Both users have only written a single review each.

Glen Smith

CNA selling the Divoom Tivoo (Bluetooth speaker) for 399 (online and stores).

Was going for R1500 at The Gadget Shop for quite some time.

Fortunately got the last one at Canal Walk CNA last night.
Nice one. My Daughter's Birthday coming up this weekend, I'm sure she'll take a liking to this. Good timing :thumbsup:

Reactions: Yuu

enerdude

Expert Member
99% sure it's a scam. The pricing is just way too low even for a direct from China import. Just reading the Hellopeter complaints is enough evidence for me.

The couple of positive reviews look to be fake as well.

Reviews are almost exactly a week apart and both specify the exact number of days the "purchased item" took to arrive. Both users have only written a single review each.
Agreed. So much for trusting a site listed on priceheck.co.za.....