Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

enerdude

Expert Member
In my own personal opinion I don't see any apple product be worth the price premium compared to what's available.
2 years ago I imported a 2 in 1 chinese tablet (runs android and windows 10) when it was on special for $160 and it is still serving me well.
But maybe it's just me...

enerdude

Expert Member
Anyone while hunting for bargains ever had the need for a vcc (virtual credit card)?
See my post here about getbarter

Reactions: Yuu

mic_y

Expert Member
anyone know of good deals on 10TB hard drives? So far the cheapest I have found is R5300...

Soprono

Expert Member
anyone know of good deals on 10TB hard drives? So far the cheapest I have found is R5300...
Would seriously wait till Amazon and Black Friday deals come. The 10TB shuckable drives go for really excellent value and would be worth your while to hold out. Nothing comes close to the price of those drives even when adding import duties onto it.

Soprono

Expert Member
Would seriously wait till Amazon and Black Friday deals come. The 10TB shuckable drives go for really excellent value and would be worth your while to hold out. Nothing comes close to the price of those drives even when adding import duties onto it.
Just adding to this. This was my order in July for the WD 10TB Elements External obviously with the extra $20 from the gift card.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Anyone know of a good deal on a 250gb SSD - it's headed into an older Mac Mini but I don't think that is an issue SSD is SSD AFAIK.

Swa

Honorary Master
Anyone know of a good deal on a 250gb SSD - it's headed into an older Mac Mini but I don't think that is an issue SSD is SSD AFAIK.
You get different thicknesses. I don't know about Mac Minis though.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
You get different thicknesses. I don't know about Mac Minis though.
True. The Crucial MX500 is generally the one Apple folks use to upgrade due to this. Thanks for the correction, I actually did now this but had forgotten about it.

enerdude

Expert Member
True. The Crucial MX500 is generally the one Apple folks use to upgrade due to this. Thanks for the correction, I actually did now this but had forgotten about it.
All the Sata SSD's I've bought have been the thinner 7mm, probably the one the Mini uses.
If you google the specs of the MX500 it is stated as being 7mm. So when buying a 'bargain' just make sure its 7mm