Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Awesum

Expert Member
No one can possibly keep tabs on prices for even a few 100 selected products, nevermind everything :) ...that would be a 24x7 job...and often by the time you want/need an item the prior cost/special price is non determinate for comparison.
Its not that difficult.

SureThing

Its not that difficult.

Wow...never knew that this site existed...does it cover all Takealot products or only certain items?

airborne

Honorary Master
Its not that difficult.

I thought Takealot was blocking sites from scraping their prices, there was another site monitoring their prices and the stopped because they were blocked?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I thought Takealot was blocking sites from scraping their prices, there was another site monitoring their prices and the stopped because they were blocked?
Any accepts, swipe your bank card after a few days you will get a message to pay that amount in ebucks rather , in the fnb app.

Swa

Honorary Master
Just change the API and all is fine.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I didn't feel like making a new thread just for this, but maybe I can gather some advice - is this 4-piece toolkit worth the R400 asking price?

It's basically just an RJ45/RJ11 crimp tool, cable tester, punch down tool and cable stripper.

I just need it for some odd light duty around the house and I am getting tired of borrowing from friends every time I need to change some stuff around the house

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I didn't feel like making a new thread just for this, but maybe I can gather some advice - is this 4-piece toolkit worth the R400 asking price?

It's basically just an RJ45/RJ11 crimp tool, cable tester, punch down tool and cable stripper.

I just need it for some odd light duty around the house and I am getting tired of borrowing from friends every time I need to change some stuff around the house
I think I paid more than that for my tools back in 2007/8 and I only have a crimp tool and tester. Not sure about the brand name / quality feature set difference to that of the linked kit. I have to add that my tester has usb and bnc inputs that the above doesn't have.

PhireSide

Executive Member
I think I paid more than that for my tools back in 2007/8 and I only have a crimp tool and tester. Not sure about the brand name / quality feature set difference to that of the linked kit. I have to add that my tester has usb and bnc inputs that the above doesn't have.
The price seems decent and if taken care of I guess it will last a lifetime.

I'm actually not too bothered by the tester and punch down tool and cable stripper, just the crimper. But paying R199 + R100 for shipping for one item vs R399 for the whole kit with free shipping makes it compelling.

Not too worried with BNC and USB, but those are nice to haves if one uses it for commercial use I'd imagine