Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Zuner

Expert Member
I hear you but I thought it was being powered by the battery all the time with the mains trickle charging it. I may be incorrect.

I would assume that shutting down my PC and letting it restart on UPS power would draw more power than letting it continue on UPS for 5 seconds?
Depends on the UPS type, the most common type are offline UPS, meaning they switch to batteries when mains goes off batteries sit idle until then. All these 2kva ups are offline, you really have to go high end for online ups.

As for the battery percentage, a higher load means more amp draw means lower sudden voltage reading which is how the UPS monitors battery percentage. So in that instant it is actually a very inaccurate reading.
Also because of this staggering your load will just bring the voltage(and thus the battery percentage) down again. maybe it'll rise by a few percent but in the end it really doesn't matter as the same load is being drawn from the battery.

enerdude

Expert Member
TicHome Mini Wireless Smart Speaker / Google Assistant - R699 from takealot
Just bought one, only 19 left between the 3 colours. Normal price is around 2k

These are similar to the google minis I mentioned earlier in this thread but they are waterproof and runs on batteries so go can take google into the shower with you even if its just to play some music :p

Edit: Next day...
Her: So honey who were you speaking to in the shower?
Me: My assistant, I take her with me everywhere.
Her: What? Over my dead body! How could you???
Me: Calm down honey, its my Google assistant! :D:p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yuu

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
TicHome Mini Wireless Smart Speaker / Google Assistant - R699 from takealot
Just bought one, only 19 left between the 3 colours. Normal price is around 2k

These are similar to the google minis I mentioned earlier in this thread but they are waterproof and runs on batteries so go can take google into the shower with you even if its just to play some music

Edit: Next day...
Her: So honey who were you speaking to in the shower?
Me: My assistant, I take her with me everywhere.
Her: What? Over my dead body! How could you???
Me: Calm down honey, its my Google assistant! :D:p
How long does battery last? Want use in my car

enerdude

Expert Member
How long does battery last? Want use in my car
Specs says 6 hours

If you have a regular google mini you can run it from a powerbank or similar power source as long as it pushes 5V 2A
I use one of my fast charging romoss powerbanks to power a regular mini during loadshedding to listen to music etc.

enerdude

Expert Member
Not much of a bargain but anyway. Redmi 7 online only R1999
You can get the redmi 6 for R1999 (minus R150 if you use the takealot coupons floating around) and then you have a phone with 32GB

edit: see the redmi 8A also with 32GB is on the firesale for R1849 if you want a bigger screen

Reactions: Yuu

insect

As soon as I add that Sansui 40" TV to my cart it goes back to full price :( Must be a mistake? Opera Snapshot_2020-02-25_212050_www.hificorp.co.za.png

enerdude

Expert Member
As soon as I add that Sansui 40" TV to my cart it goes back to full price :( Must be a mistake? View attachment 790897
Yeah I see the same, quickly did a test checkout and it happened to me too. Maybe call them tomorrow and see what's up? They will probably admit to the error but maybe you can get a voucher out of it or something.

insect

Ill give them a call, its a ridiculously good price for fhd 40". Too good to be true price :cautious: