Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

enerdude

Expert Member

enerdude

Expert Member
Spent about that on a 1x WD Green 250GB and 1x WD Blue 500GB a few months back from TA,. so nice few R100 saving, although I prefer 2 drives for resilience/drive failure.
Yeah if you get 2 x 500GBs at a good price it works great performance wise if you setup in raid 0. Or for fault tolerance in raid 1

Lupus

Honorary Master
Digging through takealot I found these. Are the prices fair considering it's a flagship from 2017.
It would still be a 3 year old device though? Though I've just bit the bullet on ordering a Sony XZ2 which is 2 years old

Arandompeer

I also ordered the Sony XZ2 but I'm worried about Telkom. Their customer service is catsh!t. The phone seems solid though. Did anyone get it yet?:unsure:

enerdude

Expert Member
Digging through takealot I found these. Are the prices fair considering it's a flagship from 2017.
Xiaomi has also very good specced phones for probably few hundred more. I usually check mia africa / connected devices / smartphoneshop for some deals

enerdude

Expert Member

Lupus

Honorary Master
I also ordered the Sony XZ2 but I'm worried about Telkom. Their customer service is catsh!t. The phone seems solid though. Did anyone get it yet?:unsure:
I've just ordered mine today, they phoned me to verify stuff. Hopefully get it within 48 hours or so. So looking at Monday or Tuesday. I mean for R1600 with a R500 speaker for free? It's a deal, I'm also tired of my Nokia 8

Lupus

Honorary Master
If you a new customer at takealot you can use a voucher code to get another R150 off, so in effect about R50 more than the huawei and much better specced...
To be honest not much better, but about on par.

enerdude

Expert Member
The CPU on the Huawei is roughly the same as the SD 665, in some cases better as it's faster and has higher memory bandwidth and in some cases not. They both have 4Gigs RAM, both have 64GB storage, sure the cameras got a higher MP on the Xiaomi, but is it really that much better?
Yes a friend has a huawei and I bought my mom the redmi 8 note, and the photo quality on the xiaomi is way better..
Then the screen is much bigger and slighter higher res as well. Generally the xiaomi is a generation better cause it was released 2 years after the huawei and all of this for R50 more. Oh yes bigger battery too, lasts longer. No brainer really....

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yes a friend has a huawei and I bought my mom the redmi 8 note, and the photo quality on the xiaomi is way better..
Then the screen is much bigger and slighter higher res as well. Generally the xiaomi is a generation better cause it was released a year after the huawei and all of this for R50 more. Oh yes bigger battery too, lasts longer. No brainer really....
Being released a year later doesn't guarantee it's better, especially since it's aimed at the midrange market with a midrange CPU. The P10 only has 1080p but it's also only got a 5.1" screen so it has a pixel density of 432ppi, the Xiaomi actually doesn't have a higher res screen it's actually the same but it's aspect ratio is different and the screen is bigger leading to a lower pixel density, making it seem it's not as high res.
At best they are on the same level and it would be up to the OP on which to get.