HelloPeter sold, owner departs

medicnick83

Paramedic
He realised it was useless and got out while he was ahead.

As for the new owners, don't worry, we don't need you anymore, we have Facebook, Twitter and MyBB.

noxibox

Honorary Master
He realised it was useless and got out while he was ahead.

As for the new owners, don't worry, we don't need you anymore, we have Facebook, Twitter and MyBB.
The problem with Facebook is that the company can remove posts and there are many that do.

bokdrol

Executive Member
I am a fan. OK, the companies had to pay to refute (but then don't give bad service then you won't have to), but I found it helpful when using a new company: I could just check and see if there were any complaints/compliments about the company. I suspect some of the moaners on this thread had been negatively hellopetered in the past, hence the bitterness :twisted:

AntiGanda

Banned
I am a fan. OK, the companies had to pay to refute (but then don't give bad service then you won't have to), but I found it helpful when using a new company: I could just check and see if there were any complaints/compliments about the company. I suspect some of the moaners on this thread had been negatively hellopetered in the past, hence the bitterness :twisted:
Have to agree. Some of the negative comments here are by those associated with companies sporting the highest bad feedback.

acidrain

Executive Member
Companies paying to resolve disputes is nothing new. Builders having to go back to fix "snags". I'm sure you could easily find an example in any industry.

Bottom line is, if your service is up to scratch, then you wouldn't have to worry about these costs but no company is perfect and costs like these are expected.

MickZA

Executive Member
Used to find the site useful for evaluating potential service providers but haven't visited it in ages.

I see the site is broken on linux/firefox atm (blank company & problem, chrome OK):

hellopeter firefox.png

Hellopeter Chrome.png

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Companies paying to resolve disputes is nothing new. Builders having to go back to fix "snags". I'm sure you could easily find an example in any industry.

Bottom line is, if your service is up to scratch, then you wouldn't have to worry about these costs but no company is perfect and costs like these are expected.

Rubbish, your business can be totally on the ball and you still get listed there because some idiot wants to use it as a support platform. One of my companies got listed there 3 times and every single time it was a user being silly who didnt try contact the business support first. People abuse it and it creates unnecessary costs. Why not just to a free system with advertising revenue? Why fleece those who are actually willing to respond on an 3rd party platform? I have 0 respect for the business model.

Last edited:

acidrain

Executive Member
Rubbish, your business can be totally on the ball and you still get listed there because some idiot wants to use it as a support platform.

You might be on the ball but if there is a supposed problem, then either leave it be and see what happens or sort it out. It's doesn't only happen on hellopeter. I've had incidences of damage reports, which have been subsequent, but coincidentally was noticed , while we were onsite which then leaves you with 2 options ( whether or not the claim is valid ): 1. Ignore them and get bad mouthed throughout the industry ( and possibly not get paid ) or 2. Suck it up and take the knock to keep the client happy. In my line of work, I've found that taking a knock here and there, even for false claims, has actually improved business.

As for that user who is being silly by not contacting your support first... is your support information easy to find and readily available. Have you actually spoken to this client to find out why they are doing this instead of using the first point of contact? If they are such a problem then drop them.

Their way of making money... well all depends on their business model. Maybe they have looked at a free site with advertising ( which would be the better way to do it ) but the feasibility study did not return profitable, it's not really our place to comment without actually knowing the inner workings of their business. Maybe the new owners will change this?

False claims happen everywhere, you can choose to ignore it or not.

Last edited:

d0b33

Honorary Master
That site was extortionist anyway, good riddance. I hardly got my issues resolved using it.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
You might be on the ball but if there is a supposed problem, then either leave it be and see what happens or sort it out. It's doesn't only happen on hellopeter. I've had incidences of damage reports, which have been subsequent, but coincidentally was noticed , while we were onsite which then leaves you with 2 options ( whether or not the claim is valid ): 1. Ignore them and get bad mouthed throughout the industry ( and possibly not get paid ) or 2. Suck it up and take the knock to keep the client happy. In my line of work, I've found that taking a knock here and there, even for false claims, has actually improved business.

As for that user who is being silly by not contacting your support first... is your support information easy to find and readily available. Have you actually spoken to this client to find out why they are doing this instead of using the first point of contact? If they are such a problem then drop them.

False claims happen everywhere, you can choose to ignore it or not.

If you choose to ignore it, you look bad. You are doing false equivalency. People abuse the system, it creates an unnecessary expense. One that can be avoided by a different income model for the site. Its black mail. If you dont respond, you look bad. To respond you have to pay! Sorry, thats dodge.

acidrain

Executive Member
If you choose to ignore it, you look bad. You are doing false equivalency. People abuse the system, it creates an unnecessary expense. One that can be avoided by a different income model for the site. Its black mail. If you dont respond, you look bad. To respond you have to pay! Sorry, thats dodge.

What do they charge per response, if I may ask?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Rubbish, your business can be totally on the ball and you still get listed there because some idiot wants to use it as a support platform. One of my companies got listed there 3 times and every single time it was a user being silly who didnt try contact the business support first. People abuse it and it creates unnecessary costs. Why not just to a free system with advertising revenue? Why fleece those who are actually willing to respond on an 3rd party platform? I have 0 respect for the business model.

Agreed.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
What do they charge per response, if I may ask?

You have to pay a subscription fee. If you pay R500 a year you get to respond to 3 complaints. If you pay R1000 you get to respond to 12, and so on. Their unlimited package is R50 000.

bokdrol

Executive Member
If the company needs an unlimited package, then that is worrying.....