daioh

Hi all

DSTV/Multichoice had a computer glitch at some point (Jan 2017?) which put my account in "arrears". Absolutely a computer error which they admitted, as my account had already been paid in full in 2016. I've spent weeks trying to get this corrected, but DSTV nonetheless sent my account to bill collectors for being "overdue":confused:...:mad::mad::mad: Yep, I don't owe DSTV money, they know they have an error on their system, but hey, time to ruin nondebtors' credit records?

Anyone here know where/to whom I can turn to have this resolved once and for all (aside from cancelling my subscription)? How can the dent to the credit record be undone?

P.S. If you are a subscriber, might be worth checking if your account is reflecting the correct info.:whistling:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Hi all

DSTV/Multichoice had a computer glitch at some point (Jan 2017?) which put my account in "arrears". Absolutely a computer error which they admitted, as my account had already been paid in full in 2016. I've spent weeks trying to get this corrected, but DSTV nonetheless sent my account to bill collectors for being "overdue":confused:...:mad::mad::mad: Yep, I don't owe DSTV money, they know they have an error on their system, but hey, time to ruin nondebtors' credit records?

Anyone here know where/to whom I can turn to have this resolved once and for all (aside from cancelling my subscription)? How can the dent to the credit record be undone?

P.S. If you are a subscriber, might be worth checking if your account is reflecting the correct info.:whistling:

This article has some info on that, so if there comes any negative information on a credit bureau for you regarding this DSTV issue, log a complaint with the credit bureau that the info is incorrect, and if they still don't fix in 20 working days you log a complaint with the ombud.
http://www.iol.co.za/personal-finance/ombud-brings-relief-to-abused-debtors-8332631