Help with Telkom LTE account / support?

WOT

Apologies if this ha been answered previously, I tried searching first.

How on earth do you get in touch with the Telkom account support team?

LTE 50gb + 50gb package, no "major" complaints...

Wife got a call about increasing our package to 100+100 at a reduced rate since the device is paid off. First month was fine no problems.

Now we're our of bundle and I cany see anything on the package that shows the 100gig package... tried logging in but it just loops out to the home page.
Cant log a call or query and theres no number to call ??

I O U

I can only go by Telkom prepaid, as haven't ever had a contract (which it appears, you might have ?)

Nevertheless, you should be able to contact Telkom Mobile by dialing either 180 or 188 (though I think 188 is mainly for Prepaid recharges, from what I test-checked just now from a spare SIM I have).
Either dial it from the SIM you're trying to check on, or from another Telkom SIM, and when you get through, quote the details of the SIM you're trying to check the package on, obviously.

If you send an SMS to *188# , that should give you an idea of the amount of your Anytime + Night-time data still available, and expiry dates.

You should be able to send that SMS from somewhere in your router once you login to it via 192.168.1.1 or 0.1 on the end, or similar. If you cannot find it there, then take the SIM out of the router, place it in a (spare ?) smartphone, and send to the same number.

Hopefully some or all the above will be of help.

WOT

I can only go by Telkom prepaid, as haven't ever had a contract (which it appears, you might have ?)

Nevertheless, you should be able to contact Telkom Mobile by dialing either 180 or 188 (though I think 188 is mainly for Prepaid recharges, from what I test-checked just now from a spare SIM I have).
Either dial it from the SIM you're trying to check on, or from another Telkom SIM, and when you get through, quote the details of the SIM you're trying to check the package on, obviously.

If you send an SMS to *188# , that should give you an idea of the amount of your Anytime + Night-time data still available, and expiry dates.

You should be able to send that SMS from somewhere in your router once you login to it via 192.168.1.1 or 0.1 on the end, or similar. If you cannot find it there, then take the SIM out of the router, place it in a (spare ?) smartphone, and send to the same number.

Hopefully some or all the above will be of help.

Much appreciated! Just got some spare handsets so going to pop the Sim in one and give that a bash..

I can see on the online default "out of bundle" page that I've got 99gigs of night time data...but even if I top up with 20g+20g of LTE data I've still got sporadic (at best) wifi connectivity...

Spartan117

Like IOU and Eric said, you must can dial 081 180 from a Telkom Simcard as it is Free. They will give you all the information you need. Telkom doesn't have a Direct Number to contact. Only 081 180 from a Telkom Simcard.

WOT

Like IOU and Eric said, you must can dial 081 180 from a Telkom Simcard as it is Free. They will give you all the information you need. Telkom doesn't have a Direct Number to contact. Only 081 180 from a Telkom Simcard.

I tried phoning from my Telkom SiM ... call just dies. 081 188 and 081180 , just dialing 180 also doesn't connect...

I can request all my balances and it shows that there's definitely Data available..

netstrider

Expert Member
I tried phoning from my Telkom SiM ... call just dies. 081 188 and 081180 , just dialing 180 also doesn't connect...

I can request all my balances and it shows that there's definitely Data available..
Have you tried going to a Telkom shop?

|tera|

Master of Messengers

Do you have another Telkom sim to phone from?

180 works. Just tested.

netstrider

Expert Member
From a different network, 081 180. Works, I just had a call with them to confirm the debit order date on my account.