Herotel 1GBPS Lines

die_pieter

Hello guys and gals.

Has anyone here actually got the 1GBPS fibre line from Herotel? I have been a customer of theirs for a while now, started on the fastest they offered when I got the fibre, which was 100mbps. When their new pricing launched a few months ago I was so stoked to get the 1GBPS line @ R1500, but was then informed their network cant handle that yet and I can only get 200mbps.

a Few months down the line and still no 1GBPS. I called their office today and it seems they have changed how their call in system now works, as I use to call the local number and get to the local office, but now I get to any available office and they relay info. The lady I spoke to today is from a different town and she called me back to inform me that their manager informed her that their network is still not ready for 1GBPS and wont be for a long time.

So does anyone actually have 1GBPS or is it just fake advertising to look competitive with bigger fibre providers when in actual fact they cant deliver that speeds?

Very curious to know.

Grouter

Executive Member
200 is their max 'round here (Sedgefield). Currently installing in town.
hero fibre.jpg

Kyoto

as far as I know herotel only use EPON for there network, which is 1G up and down, so it could be terribly congested with a 1G service.

die_pieter

as far as I know herotel only use EPON for there network, which is 1G up and down, so it could be terribly congested with a 1G service.
It would seem you are correct. I cant find anyone that actually has 1gbps fibre from Herotel.

I think they only introduced the 1gbps packages to look like a bigger competitor in the market when they cant actually offer that to the majority at least.