• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Hisense Fridges

The_MAC

Expert Member
/subscribes

In the market for something bigger. Small KIC Supercool Combo Fridge/Freezer was fine for just me and the wife 10 years ago. Since then two more members joined the family and I started enjoying cooking a lot. So the small little fridge just not cutting it anymore for all the goodies.

Hisense prices certainly look good. I'm yet to go and physically look at the options available. Not even sure what size we have now. Think 200lt or something.

For the people with fridges with water dispensers. Do you actually use it? Or is it just a novelty?
We have the manual water dispenser (3 Litres), and it gets used all the time. It also saves a lot of electricity as you dont keep opening and closing the fridge constantly. The only con is the loss of door packing space, particularly for taller bottles, so we end up placing them flat which isn't always ideal. But saying that, the old fridge is in the garage, so thats where all the bulky items go.

I think I've made up my mind. Hisense it is then, the 4 year warranty will sort any issues I suppose. Appreciate the feedback guys.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I think I've made up my mind. Hisense it is then, the 4 year warranty will sort any issues I suppose. Appreciate the feedback guys.
Join the club...

It will be a few more months before I get to the fridge purchase (Have to pay for the new kitchen first) but that 4 year warranty is pretty much the winner.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Now if only ebucks would bring back Makro Vouchers at 40% off...

Then I can get the 610lt one linked by Pitbull for mahala.

APoc184

Honorary Master
That's the combo price. The Fridge alone I think is R 8 999 or something. I can check quick
All good thanks.

Will have to take the missus for physical checking, measuring, criticizing and approval of my choices anyway. :D

jdido87

I bought a Hisense Fridge and it stood unopened for over a year due to complication with my property transfer. Not long after i plugged it in for the first time my beers was cold been using for just under a year now without issue. Hardly even hear the fridge.

theratman

Executive Member
I had a water dispenser in my old sammy fridge, its a novelty, takes up precious door space and needs to be cleaned regularly. Might work for some but I'm happier without it tbh.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I had a water dispenser in my old sammy fridge, its a novelty, takes up precious door space and needs to be cleaned regularly. Might work for some but I'm happier without it tbh.
Don't clean mine often and when I do I just wash it out with water...

rodga

Executive Member
I was also looking at hisense a few months the ago. But got a bosch in similar spec for almost the same price as the hisense. Was between 500-1k more. Both were similar sizes, water dispenser and silver finish. Although the hisense was metallic silver (I assume it was coated plastic of some sort) and the bosch was brushed stainless steel. The bosch was the last display unit that was marked down, I neg another grand off the price and they agreed.

Only thing I'm not too happy about is the water dispenser has a built in brita filter which costs about R160 each iirc. Next fridge I buy will either have a water supply connection or not have one at all. Will just fill water bottles as the dispenser uses a lot of space.

Samsung prices have gone crazy mad, LG is even worse. Defy wasn't on my list as the few I have come across at friends places were very noisy.

neoprema

Expert Member
I just ordered a Hisense Fridge, getting it tomorrow. If you see me doing a lot of nasty words on here next week you know it didnt work :)

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I was also looking at hisense a few months the ago. But got a bosch in similar spec for almost the same price as the hisense. Was between 500-1k more. Both were similar sizes, water dispenser and silver finish. Although the hisense was metallic silver (I assume it was coated plastic of some sort) and the bosch was brushed stainless steel. The bosch was the last display unit that was marked down, I neg another grand off the price and they agreed.

Only thing I'm not too happy about is the water dispenser has a built in brita filter which costs about R160 each iirc. Next fridge I buy will either have a water supply connection or not have one at all. Will just fill water bottles as the dispenser uses a lot of space.

Samsung prices have gone crazy mad, LG is even worse. Defy wasn't on my list as the few I have come across at friends places were very noisy.
You can use tap water. No need to connect the Brita Filter. Well here in Paarl the water is rated 7th best in the world so my Brita Filter is in the cupboard somewhere.

rodga

Executive Member
You can use tap water. No need to connect the Brita Filter. Well here in Paarl the water is rated 7th best in the world so my Brita Filter is in the cupboard somewhere.
Yeah I know, I haven't bought any replacement filters yet and don't intend to either.

Delaying my purchase to Monday. Sales guy said, there are massive sales on Monday the 26th at Makro with up to 30% off on Fridges and freezers. He could not tell me which though. So I might get 30% off or just pay the same on Monday. Just for those who might be in the market this weekend.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Thanks eBucks and House & Home.

In the end we (read wife) decided on this Defy.

Nett volume was 25lt more than a black mirror finish Hisense we looked at and it was also R700 cheaper.

Defy warranty is 5yrs.

1475418762136.jpg

APoc184

Honorary Master
Looks suspiciously like my Samsung fridge tbh....
Most of the stuff look/does the same anyway. Especially on the inside.

Which is why we went for more volume and better price. Sure the mirror finish Hisense looks a bit nicer but with two toddlers in the house and their dirty little paws it will never stay clean.