Home Automation - Smartkit

D4N_CPT

Depends which ones.

I believe the new Basics can work directly?

Otherwise just go Shelly and use the native MQTT, no flashing required.
Sorry if this was asked/answered before, I am lazy today. Can anyone recommend a place to buy the Shelly Units?

riscbroker

Expert Member
I have one switching a lamp, and another switching the Bridge that connects 4 PIRs. Both can be voice controlled via my Google Home Mini, or manually switched through HA on my phone.

Or are you wondering how to link HA with eWeLink? The service is listed as Smart We Link in HA.

Thor

Honorary Master
I am thinking of buying another lot.

The first lot I bought arrived in 3 weeks.

I can get them in Bellville for $12 each (for the 15A, 3500 watt Sonoff POW R2)

If any of you want to group buy (minimum 2) then you can PayPal me the dollar amount and I will place a group order.

I'm ordering for myself, but just thought since I will be ordering it should not be an issue to increase the quantity provided you can pick it up in Tygervally.
Just a bump above I think I will place the order today or tomorrow morning, I've received money from 2 people so far and my finger is itching to start the order.

I do sometimes travel to Worcester, Rawsonville as well as Durbanville, Milnerton, Tableview and the City Bowl itself so can always drop it off when I am going in that direction. <- this is a courtesy, I am not a courier or business.

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
Just a bump above I think I will place the order today or tomorrow morning, I've received money from 2 people so far and my finger is itching to start the order.

I do sometimes travel to Worcester, Rawsonville as well as Durbanville, Milnerton, Tableview and the City Bowl itself so can always drop it off when I am going in that direction. <- this is a courtesy, I am not a courier or business.
Last call at the pub.

Will be placing the order later today.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Has anyone tried to flash tasmota firmware using OTA recently? I'm waiting for some switches to arrive before I try it.
Depends which OTA you mean.

Unofficially it doesn’t work.

Officially it does but it more of a pain than just plugging a programmer into it.

Veroland

Executive Member
Depends which OTA you mean.

Unofficially it doesn’t work.

Officially it does but it more of a pain than just plugging a programmer into it.
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of getting a programmer but am a bit of a noob in that space, any recommendations for a programmer?

SukkaFoo

Expert Member
I posted a while back about dimmer options (doesnt there are too many, as was pointed out). Has anyone looked at these? Looks like a viable alternative for keeping the existing switch, and having dimming. My guess is I might need to put it in the roof and wire it down to the switch, not the end of the world.

alqassam

Expert Member
I posted a while back about dimmer options (doesnt there are too many, as was pointed out). Has anyone looked at these? Looks like a viable alternative for keeping the existing switch, and having dimming. My guess is I might need to put it in the roof and wire it down to the switch, not the end of the world.
Lutron is very big brand in the USA they might have

Tinuva

The Magician
Looks very similar to a shelly. Both in form and wiring. Interesting at least.

ipodmusicman

Do you know what sort of light switch one could use that would allow you to dim via the switch? Looks very interesting though. I use Qwikswitch as it allows me to dim via the wall plate or via HA.