Home Automation - Smartkit

Thor

Honorary Master
I am thinking of buying another lot.

The first lot I bought arrived in 3 weeks.

I can get them in Bellville for $12 each (for the 15A, 3500 watt Sonoff POW R2)

If any of you want to group buy (minimum 2) then you can PayPal me the dollar amount and I will place a group order.

I'm ordering for myself, but just thought since I will be ordering it should not be an issue to increase the quantity provided you can pick it up in Tygervally.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I've been a member for quite a while, but this is one of my first posts, so I hope I can add some value to the discussions going on.

I've been in a process of automating most of my appliances in my home, and have bought a ton of Sonoff Pows, Basics and SVs and even a few S26 plugpoints for that. However, as most of the commentators point out, everything is not designed for us here in SA.

I wanted to automate and control and monitor my high wattage appliances (Dishwasher/Washing Machine/ Poolpump/Heatpump and my Tank Pressurepump) and also control them via Home Assistant depending on Solar Power generation as I am basically off the grid during the day and only on PV, but generation is not allways the same, o I want to be able to automatically switch off some loads when needed. Allmost all of my Sonoff's had been flashed with Tasmota

So earlier this year I started out designing some custom enclosure and fittings for the S26s and POWs so it can be plugged into a standard SA plug wallpoint, and then you can plug in a standard SA plug appliance on the other end. I did not want to cut of wires and splice the POWs into the cabling, so here is a few pictures of what I ended up with. Everything is 3D printed by myself. My enclosure for the POW looks very similar to a normal extension multiplug, but you have full access to the pushbutton, and the LEDs shine through nicely. The plug fitting itself I bought from AC/DC and then re-wired everything in the enclosure. I am now at a point where these can be implemented in my house.

I also wanted to use the Sonoff S26 for my table and floor standing lamps, so I am in the final stages of my newly designed SA fittings for the S26. It will still be a while as the clearances in the S26 housing is quite tight, but I am happy with my progress.

Hope you can get some ideas from this

I've also designed some din rail mounted DB board mountings and spacers for the Sonoff POW and DUAL and Basics so that it fits perfectly level with your other MCBs in your DB, and allows you access to the buttons!. You can have a look at them on Thingiverse (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3343895)
Why don’t you have these things up for sale yet mate?

These are exactly the ideas I’ve had and just haven’t gotten round to it.

Chris_SA

Expert Member
So I know I asked this to Dolby privately, but maybe get more opinions around this. I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Security Hub, with window and door sensors for my home security. Well not necessarily to replace my existing alarm. Just certain parts I want to put them. Would the Sonoff sensors and PIR work as an addon to this, ie can I expand the system with those?

Not sure how many people have these smart security hubs
Look at wyze sense. Great value for money.

Jackie.P

Why don’t you have these things up for sale yet mate?

These are exactly the ideas I’ve had and just haven’t gotten round to it.
Thanks.

Most of it was very specific to my own needs and requirements and I (and the wife) wanted everything to be nice and aesthetically pleasing, so I maybe went overboard with fancy designs.

Also don't know if there is such a high demand for these things in SA as yet. Maybe in future

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Thanks.

Most of it was very specific to my own needs and requirements and I (and the wife) wanted everything to be nice and aesthetically pleasing, so I maybe went overboard with fancy designs.

Also don't know if there is such a high demand for these things in SA as yet. Maybe in future
Oh there is a high demand, don't worry. Lol

Jackie.P

That's very neat, any chance you uploaded the stl as well?
Hi

No, not uploaded as yet. Busy with a few changes to the POW design in order to be clipped to a wallmount for easy detaching if needed. I did not want any screw holes from the front originally, so I am changing the housing to use clips.

Jackie.P

Wow, these are excellent. I really like your design for the Sonoff POW, it looks good, clean, sturdy, minimal space and I like the fact that the buttons and the lights are visible.

I have two POW's in my drawer and a guy at work that has a 3D printer -- am for sure going to print those!

Well done mate!

EDIT: Any chance you can share the STL for POW-plugs?
Hi

No, not uploaded any STL's as yet. Busy with a few changes to the POW design in order to be clipped to a wallmount for easy detaching if needed. I did not want any screw holes from the front originally, so I am changing the housing to use clips.

Tinuva

The Magician
Thanks.

I think there is a need in SA.

You can even make a deal with @phaktza to sell it alongside the sonoff products.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Thanks.

Well in this very thread alone I'm sure you could sell quite a few items.

So have a think about it and put out some pricing.

For that matter Smartkit might even be willing to buy in bulk off you.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So something definitely isn't playing nice between the Geyser and the POW R2 as last night for the second time I had to reset the breaker which had tripped.

Could maybe be the Geyserwise in the middle having an issue? Too many things in the chain?

Jackie.P

Well in this very thread alone I'm sure you could sell quite a few items.

So have a think about it and put out some pricing.

For that matter Smartkit might even be willing to buy in bulk off you.
Thanks guys for the positive responses.

Let me think about it and maybe come up with a suggested price and see if there is interest

Tinuva

The Magician
Was in the UK last week. Bought 3 shellys off amazon...should have bought more :(

xrapidx

Honorary Master
What are the options of using Sonoff with Home-assistant without flashing them?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What are the options of using Sonoff with Home-assistant without flashing them?
Depends which ones.

I believe the new Basics can work directly?

Otherwise just go Shelly and use the native MQTT, no flashing required.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
All they tell me is that 3 months of holidays is almost over, nothing happening before then.

European work ethic is astounding!
FFS.. literally they need to hurry the fsck up, I want more of that product...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Depends which ones.

I believe the new Basics can work directly?

Otherwise just go Shelly and use the native MQTT, no flashing required.
The old ones, there was a link posted awhile back where flashing wasn't required - its not ideal - but they worked.