Home Automation - Smartkit

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
any recommendations for an alarm to integrate into home assistant? i am familiar with ids but their stuff doesnt seem to support it? i have read good things about konnected?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Anyone have any ideas on this - connected a Sonoff SV to my entrance door lock... Set PulseTime to 10.

It triggers once, then drops off the network - and the only way to get it back is to reset it, reconfiguring everything?

I've tried Tasmota versions 6 through 8.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Seems it was caused by the Retain flag on the
MQTT broker putting it in a boot loop.

Raises a bit of a concern, hopefully it's reliable enough to get stuck in a triggering loop, burning out the electric lock.

At least I now have a semi smart doorbell, push the doorbell button, photo gets sent on telegram, and screen pops up on iPad with camera view, both allowing the door to be opened.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Anyone have any ideas on this - connected a Sonoff SV to my entrance door lock... Set PulseTime to 10.

It triggers once, then drops off the network - and the only way to get it back is to reset it, reconfiguring everything?

I've tried Tasmota versions 6 through 8.
what is your full setup, i have a feeling you are pushing power through it and haven't made it a dry contact.

Do you have a power supply to a striker lock with your sv in between? what is powering your sv?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Seems it was caused by the Retain flag on the
MQTT broker putting it in a boot loop.

Raises a bit of a concern, hopefully it's reliable enough to get stuck in a triggering loop, burning out the electric lock.

At least I now have a semi smart doorbell, push the doorbell button, photo gets sent on telegram, and screen pops up on iPad with camera view, both allowing the door to be opened.
Never ever use retain in Home Assistant.

There isn’t a single instance I can think of where it makes sense and doesn’t just cause endless kak.

That being said I’m not convinced that is causing your issue.

Tinuva

The Magician
Never ever use retain in Home Assistant.

There isn’t a single instance I can think of where it makes sense and doesn’t just cause endless kak.

That being said I’m not convinced that is causing your issue.
Not bad advice but not 100% accurate. There are instances where retain is useful.

For example.
When you send a command, don't use retain.
But on receiving a state update like is switch on, then you want retain. So let's say HA gets restarted, then it can just get the last state again from the retained value.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Not bad advice but not 100% accurate. There are instances where retain is useful.

For example.
When you send a command, don't use retain.
But on receiving a state update like is switch on, then you want retain. So let's say HA gets restarted, then it can just get the last state again from the retained value.
Yes but you want that retained on the device’s side, NOT by Home Assistant where it can often be wrong and also doesn’t update again.

HA retain is terrible, useless and broken.

Let your device do it instead.

If I relied on HA retain then it would all be ducked every time I came home during load shedding as it would remember the state it was before the power went out instead of the real state.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
any recommendations for an alarm to integrate into home assistant? i am familiar with ids but their stuff doesnt seem to support it? i have read good things about konnected?
anyone did anything like this? i see konnected doesn't seem available locally. im guessing the other option is paradox?

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
anyone did anything like this? i see konnected doesn't seem available locally. im guessing the other option is paradox?
We're getting them in (konnected version 2)once they're officially released in the bigger countries. Unfortunately we can't get the current version type approved.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
We're getting them in (konnected version 2)once they're officially released in the bigger countries. Unfortunately we can't get the current version type approved.
nice, do you have any idea of a lead time? 3 months/6 months/1 year etc?

Tander

Executive Member
Pity...

Hoping it gets sorted soon... Looking to expand the stuff in the house in the not too distant future when I'm no longer broke.
Been thinking of getting the Shelly too. Can we just import them, even if they aren't certified here?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
what is your full setup, i have a feeling you are pushing power through it and haven't made it a dry contact.

Do you have a power supply to a striker lock with your sv in between? what is powering your sv?
SV is powered off the below PSU - 12v and GND to SV In, NO and GND to SV Out. The Striker is also connected to SV Out and GND - just realised that might be part of the problem.

Didn't make it a dry contact - wondering if the SV shouldn't be connected the PUSH instead - on the output. (PUSH is currently connected to a keypad)

IMG_20200209_164340.jpg

Tander

Executive Member
I'm sure we can... I just like the idea of buying locally and having that local "support" aspect.
Well, I am still waiting for my last order from Banggood. Hopefully it arrives this week. I'll order some Shelly's in the next batch - as there is no local stock sadly.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
SV is powered off the below PSU - 12v and GND to SV In, NO and GND to SV Out. The Striker is also connected to SV Out and GND - just realised that might be part of the problem.

Didn't make it a dry contact - wondering if the SV shouldn't be connected the PUSH instead - on the output. (PUSH is currently connected to a keypad)

View attachment 781376
yeah you have a wiring issue for sure, i would expect the SV's output to go directly to the striker lock, it is the relay now.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

View attachment 781376
Yeah I reckon you are resetting it through electric shock there with bad wiring.

If you can trigger it with just a wire between the push terminals, you absolutely need to make it a dry contact otherwise you will fry something.

But also what the hell are the control terminals for? Maybe try and find a manual for the thing.

You could still power the SV from the power supply you just can’t connect back to it and basically create a circuit in the process. The push terminal does make sense if said keypad button triggers it to open.