Home Automation - Smartkit

grump_grouch

any recommendations for an alarm to integrate into home assistant? i am familiar with ids but their stuff doesnt seem to support it? i have read good things about konnected?
I used to have an X64 from IDS for which I wrote my own Python scripts that subscribe to the my custom MQTT topics and you can then control your alarm via HA. The problem with the IDS guys are that their cloud services seemed to be almost more down than up (in my experience), so I replaced their system with a Paradox system (for which there already is a HA plugin : https://community.home-assistant.io/t/paradox-alarm-mqtt-hassio-addon/38569).

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Yeah I reckon you are resetting it through electric shock there with bad wiring.

If you can trigger it with just a wire between the push terminals, you absolutely need to make it a dry contact otherwise you will fry something.

But also what the hell are the control terminals for? Maybe try and find a manual for the thing.

You could still power the SV from the power supply you just can’t connect back to it and basically create a circuit in the process. The push terminal does make sense if said keypad button triggers it to open.
I think control is to change the output time that gets sent to the lock... let me try make it a dry contact and see what happens - tried connecting it to PUSH - but it does nothing.

It does look like its resetting everything when fired currently, I see the SV reconnects to Wifi

alqassam

Expert Member
Check this out on takealot: AppKettle - WiFi Enabled Electric Kettle

Automate your kettle. One of the most used smart thing in my house.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I think control is to change the output time that gets sent to the lock... let me try make it a dry contact and see what happens - tried connecting it to PUSH - but it does nothing.

It does look like its resetting everything when fired currently, I see the SV reconnects to Wifi
Use a normal piece of wire to test what triggers the lock.

Or read the manual. :)

xrapidx

Honorary Master
What manual? :p It came from Aliexpress just like that - with only a wiring diagram for the keypad

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Swopped out the SV with the garage one quick (dry contact)... Now - connecting to NO doesn't work - but connecting to PUSH does work - it still resets the SV though, maybe th 5A isn't enough to power the keypad, SV and striker?

(Wired as 12v/GND to SV - and then SV output to PUSH/GND)

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Swopped out the SV with the garage one quick (dry contact)... Now - connecting to NO doesn't work - but connecting to PUSH does work - it still resets the SV though, maybe th 5A isn't enough to power the keypad, SV and striker?

nah there is enough power

patrick123

Expert Member

Quick question? If you have just the SV power and ground wired, not the relay, and open the lock via the keypad, does it still reset itself?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Resistors removed?

Connected to the bottom terminals or left side input terminals?

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Then you have access to your alarm on the lan and can do with it as you please?

Mine currently arms or disarms based on various variables, its also used to control lighting, etc.
On a Paradox system?
How are you doing this?

alqassam

Expert Member
I used to have an X64 from IDS for which I wrote my own Python scripts that subscribe to the my custom MQTT topics and you can then control your alarm via HA. The problem with the IDS guys are that their cloud services seemed to be almost more down than up (in my experience), so I replaced their system with a Paradox system (for which there already is a HA plugin : https://community.home-assistant.io/t/paradox-alarm-mqtt-hassio-addon/38569).
Use this I suppose