Home Connect vs Cool Ideas

Tariqe

I called your company and you have a ONE month only claw back policy, now if only you just had the same price package !!!!
Guess like any other customer out there, I want the best of both worlds

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I called your company and you have a ONE month only claw back policy, now if only you just had the same price package !!!!
Guess like any other customer out there, I want the best of both worlds
Well it's sold to us as best effort from the FNO, so there needs to be a compromise somewhere.

tyronzn

I have to play devil's advocate here, but purely checking online for complaints is by no means a measure of an ISP's network performance. The reality is by human nature we all like to complain but seldom give praise, even i'm guilty of that. Nowadays providing your ISP has an AS number, i really don't think capacity is a problem in this country with the amount of content providers peering locally. Everyone peers to the same peers, they peer in the same data centres etc, i'd say the only measuring stick is price. But as the cool ideas rep said above, it's all provided as a best effort service from the FNO's. Just my 2 bitcoins.

Tariqe

you are right, the tendency is for people to always complain, versus show praise, that is true for any business, but companies have to take that into account, as that is the way of the world, so Hellopeter and such is the only tool people have to judge a company.
the ISP is the contact for the client, so whether the fibre provider is at fault or not, the problem come to rest on the ISP's shoulders and can't be shrugged off with a "not my fault".
at least Cool Ideas has a ONE month claw back policy, not like Home Connect and others with a one YEAR claw back policy

sand_man

Honorary Master
What's a claw back policy?
It's how ISP's get the subscriber to cover the R1500 installation fee. Some ISP's charge upfront while others include it in the monthly subs, usually over a 12 month period.

tyronzn

you are right, the tendency is for people to always complain, versus show praise, that is true for any business, but companies have to take that into account, as that is the way of the world, so Hellopeter and such is the only tool people have to judge a company.
the ISP is the contact for the client, so whether the fibre provider is at fault or not, the problem come to rest on the ISP's shoulders and can't be shrugged off with a "not my fault".
at least Cool Ideas has a ONE month claw back policy, not like Home Connect and others with a one YEAR claw back policy
have to disagree there, there are many other ISP's that offer the claw back policy, just do more research on the link africa portal, no names mentioned.