Home Connecta Flexi

cavedog

Honorary Master
Axxess offer Mtn fixed LTE for R349 (60GB + 60GB). What's so great about Cell C's Home Connecta?

I'm looking for a mifi router so saw the deal and it looks like a good deal.

I have fibre at home so don't need more data but I think the deal with the router is a decent offer.

Gudnews

Expert Member
Got the combo from the local Cellc Store. They had the deals printed on paper so they are well aware of it.

View attachment 1079271
People have to be on the lookout for these kind of deals, the networks are really generous with their mifi prices. I got a tp link m7200t with a 5+5 GB bundle for R699 from Telkom last year, you would do well to find that mifi for less than a grand.

cavedog

Honorary Master
How is the router in terms of coverage,speed and battery life?

I will test the coverage and battery life as time goes on but one thing to note.

The Home Connecta Flexi Prepaid staterpack that I got with the router is not performing the same as my existing simcard.

The staterpack I got with the router is hard fixed on Fixed LTE coverage only. Even though I have full signal at home it doesn't work. The prepaid simcard I bought and migrated to Home Connecta Flexi prepaid price plan works fine so I think that is a bug allowing that connection to go through but the home connecta staterpack no go.

I'm not in fixed LTE coverage which is surprising but yeah saw that I don't have fixed LTE coverage but have 4G coverage.

Speed for me is well slow. I'm used to high speed fibre but I guess this is technically only half the speed of a 10Mbps fibre line but still too slow for me. It is fast enough to stream HD and latency is relatively good for LTE actually.

I got this device to replace my Huawei mifi that is so old it's battery can't last more an hour so I might actually end up using this mifi with an MTN simcard for their home wifi deals al though they are a bit more expensive.

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

20210528_184838.jpg

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Looks like the sim I got worked and then got disabled. Call the call centre on 135 and they said simcard has been permanently disabled. Not sure why the store will rica it and then disable it a few minutes later?

Looks like I'm going back to the store tomorrow.

HS2000

Looks like the sim I got worked and then got disabled. Call the call centre on 135 and they said simcard has been permanently disabled. Not sure why the store will rica it and then disable it a few minutes later?

Customer service in this country is so bad. Your experience didn't even surprise me.

They should pay you for your petrol.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Customer service in this country is so bad. Your experience didn't even surprise me.

They should pay you for your petrol.

The lady that helped me did not sound like she wanted to do anything honestly. She wasn't wearing a mask and refused me the device at first because the coverage map wasn't loading so she said no she can't sell it to me. Not surprised they messed up the activation at all.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

Jake45

Expert Member
Some Pick n Pay have the same ZTE MiFi from MTN with 1GB monthly for one year plus 13GB data and a 5GB YouTube bundle for R499.
OneShot_20210529_062801.png

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So is that ZTE not worth it? I have CarFI from hauwei atm, but speeds can be pretty slow on it. I need something I can use in the car.

CarFi, uses my cigarette lighter and only had 1a charging. One to replace that with fast charger and then ZtE to charge or those ports.

joshuatree

Expert Member
People have to be on the lookout for these kind of deals, the networks are really generous with their mifi prices. I got a tp link m7200t with a 5+5 GB bundle for R699 from Telkom last year, you would do well to find that mifi for less than a grand.
Pep sells exactly this deal from Telkom for R599.

One question - is the mifi open to all networks?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi there

Were you able to visit the store? Did they sort out the issue?

^SM

stepper

Expert Member
Well, I just bought a prepaid sim to test this product am happy with it. I should just cancel my current MTN contract (signal has been dead since end of April, probably due to the Air-Fibre mess) and move to this permanently. Plus its prepaid...