How do you manage your passwords?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I wrote my own (but mostly use my brain to remember stuff). Can't tell you how secure mine is though, only time will tell since the code is available if you know where to look.

The basics of it is that your master password is never saved and each username and password combination is encrypted with a 32bit key, and that key can only be derived from a block of 1024 characters if you have the master password. The whole idea was to make this thing portable, save from decompiling and finding a master key.

That said, wrote it in an afternoon so probably not a good idea to store your bank's password in there

steel_dog

Been looking for a good password manager myself.
Been using LastPass for the month. Not impressed at all. The Android App is frustrating - erratic fill, automatic detection in apps is hit and miss, generally forces a manual intervention and lots of frustration. The Chrome plug-in is, at best, on par with Google's password manager. It isn't a compelling enough option. The Windows Desktop App is downright poor. Suffers from the same issues as the Android App.

EDIT: Oh - it doesn't seem to clear the android clipboard on Copy password.

Last edited: