How Many People on MB have Rain Problems?

Jono_jt

If you have any problems with Rain 4G or 5G please post the problem here.
I want to see how many people have problems as a whole, then forward it daily to Rains various top brass in the "Blind" hope that the millions they make goes into sorting out the network systems so we all can at least get decent speed for the money we pay.

Once i see enough posts I am going to pepper "Drizzle" until they rain again!

jbroo

Yes. My problem is that slow speed is the norm, not the exception. I expect some speed variations with LTE, but when I'm getting crap speed literally all day, then what am I paying for? See today's results.Screenshot_20200620_213714.jpg

Crumbl0x

After setting up an external antenna (and living in an outskirt area) I've gotten constant 10mbps most of the day on 24/7 and 25mbps on 19/7, which is usually better after midnight. Before the lockdowns I used to be at 50-60mbps though but I won't complain. This naturally goes without saying that I had close to no speeds prior to the antenna.

Craig

Honorary Master
Screenshot_20200621_014113.jpg

This was my speed just now, for the last month or to this has been relatively consistent. Every now and then it drops but happens very seldom.

Had lots of issues early in the year, but it seems to be all sorted now.

Customer1

This is what I got this morning after some tweaking
Quite impressed, never thought I'd see 90Mbit in 4G again (I cheated a little and bonded connections, hence 40Mbit upload)

Overall still very happy with the R250 package. I get around 10-30mbit out of it with a B315 so no LTE-A. I use it for streaming during the day and any game downloads and it works just fine :)

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Rain's a pretty decent company saving us from OOB, contracts and high data prices. I've a few SIMs with them for myself and other people.

If you have any mobile problems it's good to also complain to ICASA to release more spectrum on a permanent basis and government to ensure battery thieves are killed etc. Those among others are the root causes of the industry problems.

koogs

I live 200m away from their tower but battle to get 1mbps on 4G but I am receiving a full signal.

And I am still waiting for their technical dept to get back to me after raising 2 queries with them over a month ago about the low speeds.

unobeat

I have been getting decent speeds (5-7mb at most)from the beginning of June when i started using Rain until the 17th when the slow network respond started. I have been experiencing this the whole day everyday with no change.

Today it has been working great with no issues up until 1pm and literally stopped for the rest of the day such that i could not even download whatsapp messages as the network keeps on disappearing.

Its honestly frustrating to say the least.

Yesterday i commented on this Thread (https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/do-not-get-this-provider.1089707/#post-25640555), Rain were online and they managed to log a call for me via DM and i am waiting for an update cause really i am not getting my money worth.