How many people plan on leaving VC?

Grouter

Executive Member
I know, it's terrible.

I would like to apologize to all subscribers who were forced at gun-point to sign a contract and promise the practice of grabbing people off the street, dragging them kicking-and-screaming into a shop and forcing them, against their will, to sign a contract they did not want, will be stopped.

Furthermore, the horrible practice of then adding insult to injury by forcing the client to then accept a piece of communications technology worth thousands of rands against his will and forcing him to make phone calls, he did not want to make, month are month, will also be stopped.

Your point is valid, however:

"lightning fast internet" - reality: good download speed, full stop. DSL trumps for browsing, gaming & skyping... And that's 384...Latency, cell breathing, RF issues - I mean - who cares? We were promised, and pay for, and want, a service that works.

"Affordable" - not any more. DSL pricing has come down, while VC's CEO is actually hinting at price increases.

"Reliable" - I spent the first 6 months trying software, firmware, apps, vpn's, blah, blah, blah, trying to optimize a technology which it is not my place to test, but rather to use. Early adopters, I feel, have been guinea pigs. Hopefully our problems with 3G / HSDPA will see others enjoying an "Out of Box Experience" that just works.

Times have changed - in the year since I signed (not at gunpoint:)) my 2 year contract, my "customer experience" has deteriorated to the point where I look forward to the contract's end with not inconsiderable anticipation. VC marketing - take note. Unhappy customers are not good for business. An analysis of why this thread exists, and the posts that have been made in it, should make VC just a little worried.

Edit: And billing - Jeez! Knock Mweb all you want, but never - NEVER - did they come 2 months down the line saying "OOPS! sorry, the head techie at the billing abacus was away on Christmas hols, and the junior couldn't work out how to configure the thing, so please accept our apologies for slapping on an extra few hundred bucks on your bill this month."

Edit2: Please overhaul vodamail.

Edit3: Rant over.

Last edited:

Big Kriss

I will move to adsl simply because of the pricing vs service.
R449 for 2 Gigs ? and an extra R49 for speed ?
Nah,I dont think so.

oh,and December is looming again soon...

TMoose

Expert Member
Your point is valid, however:

"lightning fast internet" - reality: good download speed, full stop. DSL trumps for browsing, gaming & skyping... And that's 384...Latency, cell breathing, RF issues - I mean - who cares? We were promised, and pay for, and want, a service that works.

"Affordable" - not any more. DSL pricing has come down, while VC's CEO is actually hinting at price increases.

"Reliable" - I spent the first 6 months trying software, firmware, apps, vpn's, blah, blah, blah, trying to optimize a technology which it is not my place to test, but rather to use. Early adopters, I feel, have been guinea pigs. Hopefully our problems with 3G / HSDPA will see others enjoying an "Out of Box Experience" that just works.

Times have changed - in the year since I signed (not at gunpoint:)) my 2 year contract, my "customer experience" has deteriorated to the point where I look forward to the contract's end with not inconsiderable anticipation. VC marketing - take note. Unhappy customers are not good for business. An analysis of why this thread exists, and the posts that have been made in it, should make VC just a little worried.

Edit: And billing - Jeez! Knock Mweb all you want, but never - NEVER - did they come 2 months down the line saying "OOPS! sorry, the head techie at the billing abacus was away on Christmas hols, and the junior couldn't work out how to configure the thing, so please accept our apologies for slapping on an extra few hundred bucks on your bill this month."

Edit2: Please overhaul vodamail.

Edit3: Rant over.

Yep, agree, has nothing to do with gun point, but rather being led to believe the service is better than it actually is. Also the speeds on my HSDPA were better when I first got it, and has been consistently degrading ever since. One night up, one night down, then it's fast, then it's slow. Whether I'm in Pretoria or Joburg doesn't seem to matter. And I'm not really interested in troubleshooting stuff that should just work. I'd rather just get ADSL.

Iam3G

Expert Member
I know, it's terrible.

I would like to apologize to all subscribers who were forced at gun-point to sign a contract and promise the practice of grabbing people off the street, dragging them kicking-and-screaming into a shop and forcing them, against their will, to sign a contract they did not want, will be stopped.

Furthermore, the horrible practice of then adding insult to injury by forcing the client to then accept a piece of communications technology worth thousands of rands against his will and forcing him to make phone calls, he did not want to make, month are month, will also be stopped.

I admire your sarcasm... it makes my day :)

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I will move to adsl simply because of the pricing vs service.
R449 for 2 Gigs ? and an extra R49 for speed ?
Nah,I dont think so.

oh,and December is looming again soon...

What happens in December?