How much is this worth??

NomNom

Executive Member
So I was given the task of selling one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Upgrade-SP2/dp/B0002423YK

It has been opened but the owner (old lady) assures me that the serial has never been used cause they realized that it was only an upgrade version and not a full version. Now I would like to know how much I could actually sell this thing for?

My gut tells me it's worth nothing these days, but maybe it actually is?

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
So I was given the task of selling one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Upgrade-SP2/dp/B0002423YK

It has been opened but the owner (old lady) assures me that the serial has never been used cause they realized that it was only an upgrade version and not a full version. Now I would like to know how much I could actually sell this thing for?

My gut tells me it's worth nothing these days, but maybe it actually is?

To actually install it, you need an original Win95/98/NT/2000 pro disk as it asks for it during install. You could try getting a couple of hundred for it.

NomNom

Executive Member
To actually install it, you need an original Win95/98/NT/2000 pro disk as it asks for it during install. You could try getting a couple of hundred for it.

Yeah that's why I said it was an upgrade version. :), couple of hundred is what exactly? R400?

killadoob

Honorary Master
Opened windows xp = 0

Try gumtree many people fall for scams over there so someone might be willing to risk it. Please note i am not calling this a scam

Put it in gumtree for 750 and see what happens, worst thing is you get no response.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I agree with Killa. Any Software product where the serial number has been exposed is worthless.

NomNom

Executive Member
Couple = 2

lol, that sounds about right thanks.

Not going to sell it due to a few factors:

1. It's an upgrade version (not a full Windows Xp home)
2. It's been opened.
3. The disk has been scratched.
4. It's a highly outdated OS.

It's a pitty really, owell. Thanks for the helps guys.

Last edited: