How to extend range from Huawei B612 router

FirefoxRoux

Guys I have setup a few Ezviz Ip security cameras outside. But one on the other side of house keeps going offline or freezes for a few seconds. How do I extend my Wi fi range? I have put a second Tp-link router on the other side of the house that receives signal from the main Huawei B612 router but I'm still having Wi fi issues. What can I do to strengthen my signal?I put the main router higher but still no luck

FirefoxRoux

Is the TP link connected via ethernet cable or is it acting as a WiFi repeater?
It's acting as a Wi fi repeater. I also tried a D-Link Wi fi extender by putting it in another room between the Main Router and the TP-Link router. But then the Ip camera chooses the weaker Wi fi signal from the Wi fi extender and ignores the Tp link router that's much closer.The Tp link router is about 31m away from the main router.I need help.

upup

Executive Member
Does your router have an extended antenna. There are you tube video's of extended range antenna's

FirefoxRoux

How strong is the link between the two routers?
How can I check? The strange thing is it works for a few seconds and suddenly it's like the Tp link Router goes into sleep mode and the Ip camera goes offline again. Once I put the router off and on again the camera comes online again for a few seconds to a few minutes.

Speedster

Executive Member
How can I check? The strange thing is it works for a few seconds and suddenly it's like the Tp link Router goes into sleep mode and the Ip camera goes offline again. Once I put the router off and on again the camera comes online again for a few seconds to a few minutes.
I'm not sure if it'll fix your issue, but a way to test the connection between the routers is to connect a laptop via cable to each and transfer a file between them.

FirefoxRoux

Does your router have an extended antenna. There are you tube video's of extended range antenna's
No. It has internal antennas although you can attach 2 external extennas for better LTE signal.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Type takealot.com in your browser and hit enter

Type “WiFi mesh” in the search bar and hit enter

Pick one that suits your pocket and order it

Thank me later