Huawei HiLink modems (E303, E3131, etc.)

therado

Not sure what "is not working" means - can't you see the page? Does the setting apply but nothing happen?

It says page cannot be found when i enter that address in the address bar.

I am not sure if it will help but the IP addie of my device picks up as 192.168.9.1

SaphriX

It seems the Hilink features being able to use the modem without any dashboard software I.e. just plug in and control device thru 192.168.1.1 in browser.

However, mdma can't see the device at all...

Anyone seen or used the HUAWEI E3331 - Sold in S.A as the UltraStick.
MDMA can't see this thing either....

_DeMeNteD_

Hey so I have a Huawei E303 device I'm running Windows 8.1 and I get BSOD a lot.
After some searching I found the case to be the E303 modem.
I'd love to run it in serial mode in the hopes of fixing this issue.
I'f followed the post on switching it to serial mode that ginggs posted & it worked like a charm MDMA is able to detect the device & all seems well.

BUT when I try to setup a Dail-up connection there's nowhere to add the APN and if I just leave it the connection won't establish.

See the image for the error dialog.
ConnError.png

I would love some help on this.

Some more general info
Hardware Version: CH2E303SM
Firmware Version: 22.157.46.00.00
^DIALMODE: 0,2

Lemme know if you need more

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
BUT when I try to setup a Dail-up connection there's nowhere to add the APN and if I just leave it the connection won't establish.
You should be able to set the APN in MDMA.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I think it is error 619 - the same as in earlier Windows: there is no connection named MDMA. In RAS mode you need to create new connection name it MDMA, dialing string is *99#.

Last edited:

_DeMeNteD_

Hey Guys thanks for the replies.

I tried naming the connection MDMA no luck there man.
I checked in MDMA and the APN is internet & still no luck.

Here are a few more screenshots that might help more.

A strange thing happens when I open MDMA I get an error the first time it opens and then it works when I click retry I don't know if its fine or not.

Connection Setup.png
Device Man.jpg
MDMA Err1.jpg
MDMA After Retry.jpg

EDIT: I'm at work so don't mind the bad signal.

EDIT: Removed the last pic to be safe, Donno what you could realistically do with it anyhow.

Last edited:

sajunky

Honorary Master
I see that second time MDMA finds device, connects, but data counter is 0 (it should be couple Kbytes spent for negotiation). I don't know what to say, so far you are doing right. Try home where signal is stronger.

PS. Remove ICCID from the last picture.

Last edited:

Reelix

Well, this has been quite an adventure :p

Device: Telkom Mobile Branded Huawei E3276

When I connected to COM3 (It just so happened to be COM3 as well - What're the odds :p) I slowly got spammed with the following:

http://i.imgur.com/ByG89Cs.png (Is it meant to do that... ?)

After entering the commands (Which didn't seem to verify - They just got appended to the part below after clicking "Send" each time *Shrugs*), I opened MDMA, it gave me my signal, and, on "Searching for Networks" rebooted the modem, and sent it back into its normal mode, disabling MDMA :p

At this point, it entered a reboot loop (If this happens, just leave it until its stable for 1 minute - Should reboot 5 - 10 times - The browser window will pop up every loop - Just wait till the connection counter hits 1:00)

Any ideas what to do at this point? :)

- Reelix

Note: On Windows 8 / 8.1, it wont let you simply install the Mobile Partner drivers - You'll have to disable driver signing.

1.) Press "Start", and type "advanced startup" and click the option

2.) Click the third button (This will reboot your PC)

3.) Navigate through the advanced settings till you see an option that says something along the lines of "Disable device driver signing" - This will reboot your PC again. Select option 7 "Disable Device Driver Signing" (Or the likes), and continue booting. You will now be able to install the Mobile Partner drivers.

Last edited:

sajunky

Honorary Master
I slowly got spammed with the following:

http://i.imgur.com/ByG89Cs.png (Is it meant to do that... ?)
These ^DSFLOWRPT unsolicited messages show on the diagnostic port when modem is in connect stage. MDMA use it for currect network status. Typical for Huawei modems. There are other messages showing also in disconnect stage (eq. ^MODE), reporting by example changing from 3G to 2G etc...

Last edited:

maulanaihsan

my e303 also didn't work. i have window 8.1. always getting error message when use MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch to send the ^U2DIAG command and reset the modem automatically. i don't know how to use terminal. please need advise and sorry for my bad english

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
my e303 also didn't work. i have window 8.1. always getting error message when use MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch to send the ^U2DIAG command and reset the modem automatically. i don't know how to use terminal. please need advise and sorry for my bad english
What is the error message?

maulanaihsan

What is the error message?

first error after use MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch to send the ^U2DIAG command and reset the modem automatically

Screenshot (44).jpg

and then it resetting the modem and modem detected on device manager but then another error occured

Screenshot (45).jpg

i can see the signal strength but no qos and cannot connect dial up. i have change dial up name to mdma

Screenshot (46).jpg

thank you so much for your attention

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
first error after use MDMA with the /hwstorage:0 command line switch to send the ^U2DIAG command and reset the modem automatically
This message is more a warning that something didn't go quite as expected during initialization; either the modem didn't respond fast enough or it returned an unexpected result. Clicking the 'Retry' button normally sorts this out.
and then it resetting the modem and modem detected on device manager but then another error occured
The fact that the modem reset and was detected in the device manager makes me think that the commands to change the modem mode were sent successfully. Again, just click 'Retry'.
i can see the signal strength but no qos and cannot connect dial up. i have change dial up name to mdma
QoS values are only reported by the modem while it is connected. Have you set the APN?

maulanaihsan

This message is more a warning that something didn't go quite as expected during initialization; either the modem didn't respond fast enough or it returned an unexpected result. Clicking the 'Retry' button normally sorts this out.

The fact that the modem reset and was detected in the device manager makes me think that the commands to change the modem mode were sent successfully. Again, just click 'Retry'.

QoS values are only reported by the modem while it is connected. Have you set the APN?

I have set the APN, but still the error appears. I also cannot use USSD command always give failed note. Can I flash the modem so that it will become a non hilink modem? how to update the firmware because the update page always say it up to date.

alan_smithee

Hi I've got an Huawei E3131

I want to know if the following is by design or if I'm missing something

When plug in the USB the first time it goes to HiLink mode
The Hardware ID of Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device is 12D1&PID_14DB

I go to http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html and the hardware ID changes to:
12d1&PID_1442&MI_01 (3G Application Interface)
12d1&PID_1442&MI_00 (3G PC UI Interface)

after editing the ewser2k.inf file I'm able to connect to the com port and put in this command (with hyperterminal)
AT^U2DIAG=0
I thought this command would make the dongle function in modem mode permanently (until I undo it with AT^U2DIAG=119)

So far so good until the following:
When I unplug the dongle and re-insert it back the hardware ID changes to:
12d1&PID_1C05&MI_00 (3G Application Interface??)
12d1&PID_1C05&MI_01 (3G Application Interface??)
12d1&PID_1C05&MI_02 (3G PC UI Interface)
So after editing the ewser2k.inf file and installing the drivers again I unplug and re-insert the dongle again and now the dongle comes back in HiLink mode. :confused:

Is there anything I can do to make the dongle stay in modem mode and what are the other interfaces for (12d1&PID_1C05&MI_00 and 2d1&PID_1C05&MI_01)?

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I thought this command would make the dongle function in modem mode permanently (until I undo it with AT^U2DIAG=119)
No, it seems to reset it self back to HiLink mode when you unplug it.
Is there anything I can do to make the dongle stay in modem mode and what are the other interfaces for (12d1&PID_1C05&MI_00 and 2d1&PID_1C05&MI_01)?
The only way I know of is to flash the non-HiLink firmware.

alan_smithee

Thnx for the reply,

Ill try to flash the drive with other firmware from the website browjo suggested.
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Huawei_E160_and_E1762_MBB_modem#toc_4

I only hope the following wont happen to me:
ebendl 13-11-2013 09:45 PM However, the Mikrotil router picks it up but receives absolutely now data - it only transmits.

Is there anyone who got the E3131 successfully working in modem mode with the E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757 firmware?

alan_smithee

I think I messed up. :crying:
I put my dongle in serial mode with the 192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html link.
The drivers where installed for the serial modem so the E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757.exe recognized the dongle.
The update was successful and the new hardware was detected and installed.
I saw the following installed:
USB Compostie Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Mass Storage Device
HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device
HUAWEI SD Storage USB Device

I don't see any 3G module nor can MDMA or Mobile Partner find anything.....

What now?

alan_smithee

What.jpg

I supplied a screenshot.

192.168.1.1 is unreachable and the drivers seem to be for the USB volume and sd card reader. I can't find the 3G modem anywhere.

Until I ran the Huawei Mobile doctor. Now 4 New devices are detected.
Huawei Mobile with the following hardware ID's
12D1&PID_1506&MI_00 - MI_03
So I added the hardware ID's in the ewser2k file and installed the drivers.
Now mobile partner and MDMA can find the E3131. The only problem is that after reinserting the hardware I have to run Mobile Doctor otherwise it won't show up in the hardware list.

Does anyone know which firmware update I should use?

Edited:
Ok after running Mobile doctor again and installing the software that's on the USB drive the following has happened. IInet is installed (looks like the mobile partner software) and there are only 2 hardware devices detected
12D1&PID_1506&MI_00 - MI_02
12D1&PID_1506&MI_00 - MI_03

Mobile partner sees the device but is unable to connect ("The device has been disconnected or is unavailable") and iinet is able to connect (after editing the profile).

I can finally try to hook up the module on my Asus RT-66U to see if it connects :D

Last edited: