I need a response from rain

Grizza

Good day folks

I just want to start out by saying rain used to be great -- years ago

Now they are downright unusable.

For the past few months I would have no internet access (with full signal) before 6pm, yet after 6pm I would have great access
This caused me to be charged more than I was supposed to

I let this slide because I had updates/work/Dota etc to do after 6pm so I coped with it

I cancelled the SIM this year because I couldn't live with the now horrible speeds/no internet access (at all)
I ordered the 24/7 package, with hopes a new SIM would help -- the service is EVEN WORSE!

I am just disappointed to be honest. I contacted rain because I need internet ASAP. Wherever it comes from I don't care.
I am still waiting for a response more than a week later!

If there is a rain rep on here I would like you guys to please sort out my situation. Cancel my SIM and refund me please.
I asked for help long ago, because like I mentioned in several support requests, I need internet to do my business! I don't care where the internet comes from.

At this point I just want my money back as updating Linux or playing Dota or even bloody google "coronavirus" is now considered "360p streaming"?!!!
On top of that, I am being shaped to hell and when I'm not shaped, I have 0 internet access. This is not what I agreed to.

It's not an option anymore, I just want my money back so I can pay a competitor to do what I thought you guys could.

Thank you.

For MyBB readers, since I now have a track record of being blatantly ignored by rain "support", is there any other means of making sure they are going to help me and/or let others know wtf these okes are up to?
I would appreciate that because it seems they really are not concerned with customer support at all!

Miresh

Having the same frustrating issues with Rain.
They are totally ignoring me.
Waited on many occasions on the online chat only to be disconnected as approaching a lower number in the queue.
Emailed them a detailed problem with multiple speed test reports and confirmed resetting modem. They acknowledged receipt of the email by a standard reply that said to wait 24-48 hours for a response.
72 hours and counting ... still no response.
Rain Down Detector site is buzzing with some serious complaints and threats to cancel services.
Hello Peter site has placed Rain as the worst ranked ISP.
Rain is as stubborn as ever and has not released a public reply or apology.
This demonstrates Rain's irresponsible behavior in these troubled times, when our citizens of SA are in lock down and stuck with a service they have paid for. There are many students that depend on this service which Rain undertook to provide when their customers paid their hard earned money. Some legal recourse is required or some major exposure is required especially for the many passive customers who do not want to create a stir in these already troubled times.

Please feel free to copy and paste this complaint to Rain Management and maybe if we lucky to Patrice Motsepe's inbox so he can assist. I'm sure Rain employees wont dare put him on hold for 3 hours or ignore his email asking for assistance.

Below is a screenshot of the speed experienced my me for the last 4 days.
Ping = 39ms
Download = 0.22Mbps
Upload = 0.26Mbps

Screenshot Date is 09/04/2020 at 23h30.

Rain Speedtest 20200409.JPG

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Waited on many occasions on the online chat only to be disconnected as approaching a lower number in the queue.
Emailed them a detailed problem with multiple speed test reports and confirmed resetting modem. They acknowledged receipt of the email by a standard reply that said to wait 24-48 hours for a response.
Rain Down Detector site is buzzing with some serious complaints and threats to cancel services.
This demonstrates Rain's irresponsible behavior in these troubled times, when our citizens of SA are in lock down and stuck with a service they have paid for. There are many students that depend on this service which Rain undertook to provide when their customers paid their hard earned money. Some legal recourse is required or some major exposure is required especially for the many passive customers who do not want to create a stir in these already troubled times.

Please feel free to copy and paste this complaint to Rain Management and maybe if we lucky to Patrice Motsepe's inbox so he can assist. I'm sure Rain employees wont dare put him on hold for 3 hours or ignore his email asking for assistance.

Ping = 39ms
Download = 0.22Mbps
Upload = 0.26Mbps

View attachment 817737
Nice Avatar.

Unigma

Ping = 39ms
Download = 0.22Mbps
Upload = 0.26Mbps

View attachment 817737
I agree, not only am I disappointed in their service currently (4G/LTE), but their support service seems to be non-existent!

rainspeedtest-10Apr-00H55.png
Friday, 10 April @ 00H55 !

Here my speeds were 100Kbps (That's "K" not "M" !)

Grizza

Wow

It looks like these guys just don't care

At a time when their marketing is the highest it's ever been. False advertising.

So I will cancel the SIM manually, and then just simply try to put a stop to any further sales they would have.

Mind you -- all this is not due to corona virus. My issues started from about last year July/August.

Also, I know they are denying me service because Speed Test is the proper 10Mbps yet anything else is either 1Mbps or less (usually 200kbps -- yeah, slower than EDGE used to be)

Ash_CPT

Looks like I'm not the only one. I have their Fixed Wireless product with Afrihost. I've been experiencing slow internet connectivity for the last + 4 months.

I've reached out to them via all their social platforms with absolutely not feedback. Trash network!!!

Attachments

Peter4135

I'm currently on the 24/7 unlimited plan and I'm getting the following speeds on the 2600mhz bandScreenshot_20200410_145757_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So if you don’t care where it comes from...why stick to the same provider that already disappointed you?

It’s like people who keep buying Renaults. The last one was a broken mess, then they trade it in on a new one hoping it will magically change.

Genisys

Executive Member

That is a Speedtest on Rain pay as you use (I can't change this sim to anything else for some reason)

PeterGates

Wow, a bunch of haters. I still have a decent enough connection after moving to the 24/7 deal, I get 8.5mbps down and 2mbps up. Yeh, it slowed down over the past few weeks, but so did the whole country. We are living in difficult times, that fact the rain even stays up amazes me considering what a small operator they are. I have a simple solution for those of you that don't tike it - cancel and leave. This way the rest of us will get even better performance. Rain doesn't tie you into a contract, so why not just cancel rather than the endless moaning and bitching. It's like going to a restaurant and not liking the food, but going back every night for months after that!

ronald911

Expert Member
Wow, a bunch of haters. I still have a decent enough connection after moving to the 24/7 deal, I get 8.5mbps down and 2mbps up. Yeh, it slowed down over the past few weeks, but so did the whole country. We are living in difficult times, that fact the rain even stays up amazes me considering what a small operator they are. I have a simple solution for those of you that don't tike it - cancel and leave. This way the rest of us will get even better performance. Rain doesn't tie you into a contract, so why not just cancel rather than the endless moaning and bitching. It's like going to a restaurant and not liking the food, but going back every night for months after that!
Lets talk again when you suddenly consistently can't get anything above 0.5mbps or it takes 2 minutes just to open google.com.

Rain is growing in many areas - especially in areas where neighbourhoods don't always have access to FTTH or reliable ADSL.
Obviously a great thing for Rain, as they managed to capture a market with limited other options... however, Rain is struggling to keep up with the demands, which is why in many areas, the speeds become absolutely terrible at times of the day due to congestion.
And Rain doesn't seem interesting in upgrading capacity. Or maybe it's deliberately.

I've been on Rain's Fixed LTE network via Afrihost for R1350 per month, since mid 2018. It was great for over a year - consistently got over 20mbps, but since December it's been degrading.... during the day it's completely unusable. After 6pm it performs as expected.

I even built this little site that performs a test every 30 minutes just to prove how inconsistent it is.

That being said, I cancelled my Rain Fixed LTE via Afrihost. Expecting an MTN router + sim card to be delivered early next week. It's not ideal, as their largest package is capped at 150gb.. but I hope I will at least have useable internet 24/7.

Last edited:

Ramiro16

Instead of complaining so much have you guys tried moving your modem around to the best area where you get the best speeds? I always average 20mbps - 30mbps throughout the day on the 24/7 package.