iBurst uncapped for R299

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
wow....this looks rather nice. No way I can use 5 gig in a day (unless I download a bluray or something). Say anyting about p2p?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I've had iburst for four years this year has been the worst constant disconnects, I hardly get 1 meg with my 2 meg modem. I've applied for an ADSL line once it's installed I can kick this to the kerb

IceQB

Expert Member
Its not for you heavy users.
But look at price & offer given to consumers who would rather use this than pay extra for Telkom ADSL line rental.
Telkom is I assume going to use there LTE network as a replacement for or supplement to there ADSL network - but at what prices?
They trying to fill a void in the market, which I can bet many will take up.
Please note I am in NO way affiliated with iBurst.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
so for me in the complex where I stay this might be an option.

we cannot get a telkom line because they dont want to put in a line to our complex.

we are in a dip so MTN, Vodacom and TM LTE coverage goes around the complex without touching us.

HSDPA signal on all the networks drops constantly because of the dip we are in.

I have a friend on Iburst so I will let him come over and do a bit of testing.

people in the thread are very against this is it really that bad? I dont download much because signal sucks, I mainly play Hearthstone, would it be worth my time to get this?

Joker

Expert Member
I mailed them a few weeks ago about getting iBurst for our offices in town (backup) and never received a single reply - it's like they're trying to fail.

turisimo

It's 5GB upfront thereafter 2GB per day FUP......and not 5GB per day...
used to be good during the DC++ hub days...

Lupus

Honorary Master
If you can't get 3g from the cellular providers you probably won't get decent connectivity from iburst and that 1 meg can sometimes be slower then dial up

razer1980

nevermind this *****ed up company. I phoned them now and it's only available by signing a new 24 month contract. They are obviously not interested in keeping their loyal customers happy who has been with them for 7+ years. I spoke to Cheryl in Retentions and it's an initial 5gb whereafter you get 2gb per day FUP.

razer1980

If you can't get 3g from the cellular providers you probably won't get decent connectivity from iburst and that 1 meg can sometimes be slower then dial up
I'm not too concerned about it being 1 meg. I mostly use it for torrenting and I get full speed after midnight. LOL. I understand that obviously not everyone's usage and needs are the same. :p