ICASA interconnect / MTR regulations delay?

Durandal

Expert Member
"According to Mashile ICASA has already determined that the cellular environment is not fully competitive,..."

Wow. Intelligent comment of the century. This must be one of the most useless, ineffective bodies we have...

quik

Expert Member
"According to Mashile ICASA has already determined that the cellular environment is not fully competitive,..."

Wow. Intelligent comment of the century. This must be one of the most useless, ineffective bodies we have...

:eek: You mean to tell me you know of a institution that is more useless than these monkeys? :eek:

DXL

Expert Member
Julius has warned the CELL co's

Julius has warned the cell companies their rates are too high.

Hopefully that might speak VOLUMES.

Lets wait and see what happens.

DxL - TEAM

Grep

I seriously need to get me one of these guvvamint jobs, get paid a packet and do nothing. Awesome!

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Mashile promised draft regulations ‘to ensure a more competitive market and better pricing’ in March, which will be followed by a public consultation process after which final regulations will be gazetted.

ICASA further promised that the final wholesale termination rate regulations will be completed by June 2010.

Since then not much was heard about this issue from ICASA, and when the regulator was asked yesterday whether the draft MTR regulations have indeed been published they did not respond.

ICASA also did not provide any feedback when asked if anything was causing a delay in the publishing of the regulations, or whether a new due date has been set.
When does Paris Mashile's reign of Narcoleptic Incompetence expire? - IIRC it is either June or July 2010...

My crystal balls tell me that he will continue to make all sorts of promises until there is no chance of getting another pay cheque from !CASA, and when that happens he will probably come up with some temporary suspension of his contract termination or other labour related legal challenge to milk more money from !CASA and consequently tax payers - if he had a shred of decency in him, he would have resigned gracefully after his political sponsor Poison Ivy kicked the bucket - instead he did a 180 and said he no longer supported Poison Ivy's incompetence & delay tactics policies [policies that he has continued to implement to the letter].

Last edited:

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
to the best of my knowledge the draft regulations will be published next Tuesday (13 April)