Ikonic IT / Ikonix - avoid this company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Did you read all of it?
Yes I did and I also have the CPA and the company policy (in compliance with the CPA) on returns back at work.

I do however see it very interesting that the OP established that Ikonic blamed their supplier as per customer relations... Argh... Unethical in my opinion.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I don't think this is fair on anybody. How on earth would retailers keep track of people trying to return things fraudulently if this was the case? I am a consumer but if you just accept products without looking if it is what you ordered then you're just asking for trouble.
How is it fraudulent if you find that the 3TB drive you ordered was a 2TB drive? I order quite a lot of high value electronic goods, and if any retailer insisted that a return only applies if I kept the packaging there would be ruptions....

PS - anyone remember my "WARNING" thread about the buzzing noise of my Samsung 64"E8000? :)

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Read item 4.

Just because someone is "entitled to" under item 2 does not negate item 4.

Wanna place a bet on it? :)
Am good Muslim who does not bet. :D

But if I did sign off on some goods with a big friggin box like that , and didn't check I would put it down to a learning experience and check properly next time. That is after trying to wangle with the company a bit.

I think the op is being a little silly in his titling of this thread, as he also should accept some blame for not resolving it

Splinter

Honorary Master
Yes I did and I also have the CPA and the company policy (in compliance with the CPA) on returns back at work.

I do however see it very interesting that the OP established that Ikonic blamed their supplier as per customer relations... Argh... Unethical in my opinion.
This is always my point of departure when I have issues where I purchase. I did not buy from their supplier - I purchased from them. So, just a tip - if you buy anything from anyone and it is faulty - do not accept the usual crap that it is the suppliers fault. You buy from the retailer - the retailer is liable. Whatever backoffice shyte they need to deal with is their problem.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
How is it fraudulent if you find that the 3TB drive you ordered was a 2TB drive? I order quite a lot of high value electronic goods, and if any retailer insisted that a return only applies if I kept the packaging there would be ruptions....

PS - anyone remember my "WARNING" thread about the buzzing noise of my Samsung 64"E8000? :)
I think we must make a distinction between some things here. If the product was indistinguishable from the correct one that was ordered I would agree with you. However most new products are not unless it's some sketchy company trying to screw you (like putting a 2TB drive in a 3TB box).

If you receive the product clearly marked as something you didn't order then proceed to use it for a month and throw away the box, well this is going a bit far.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Am good Muslim who does not bet. :D

But if I did sign off on some goods with a big friggin box like that , and didn't check I would put it down to a learning experience and check properly next time. That is after trying to wangle with the company a bit.

I think the op is being a little silly in his titling of this thread, as he also should accept some blame for not resolving it
Sorry, still going to disagree with you. I have ordered a lot of stuff online and seeing as I am a lazy, fat, accountant I often open stuff up very late.

Myself, or anyone, opening up a box late, does not in anyway absolve the seller from sending the wrong goods, when the correct goods have been paid for.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I think we must make a distinction between some things here. If the product was indistinguishable from the correct one that was ordered I would agree with you. However most new products are not unless it's some sketchy company trying to screw you (like putting a 2TB drive in a 3TB box).

If you receive the product clearly marked as something you didn't order then proceed to use it for a month and throw away the box, well this is going a bit far.
Read again - according to the OP he only tried to use it a month later. And the frikkin box/packaging is irrellevant man. It has no basis in law.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Read again - according to the OP he only tried to use it a month later. And the frikkin box/packaging is irrellevant man. It has no basis in law.
Sorry, but maybe I'm old school but if you don't check things that you've paid a lot of money for when receiving them then I don't really have much sympathy. If however as I said earlier, if the product came boxed in the incorrect box and there was absolutely no way to tell until it was plugged in then I would understand.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Sorry, but maybe I'm old school but if you don't check things that you've paid a lot of money for when receiving them then I don't really have much sympathy. If however as I said earlier, if the product came boxed in the incorrect box and there was absolutely no way to tell until it was plugged in then I would understand.
You are old school. I order stuff and get it delivered at work. It comes in a box wrapped within a box with some bubble-stuff wrapped around it. I sign for delivery. I take it home. When I unwrap it is up to me. It does not invalidate my intrinsic rights as a consumer if I only use it after a month for the first time.

NomNom

Executive Member
You NEVER throw away packaging when the item is under warranty.

You must always check that you have received the correct products when ordering from online stores.

Splinter

Honorary Master

You must always check that you have received the correct products when ordering from online stores.
Kindly explain how you NEVER throw packaging under LAW. :)

Splinter

Honorary Master

Oh yes - also under LAW how you must check STRAIGHT AWAY!

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Note to self: send out circular to sales team, Do not sell any goods to fat lazy accountants. Just tell him the goods are permenantly out of stock and give him competitors phone number

Splinter

Honorary Master
Note to self: send out circular to sales team, Do not sell any goods to fat lazy accountants. Just tell him the goods are permenantly out of stock and give him competitors phone number
lol!

It's "them" dude - I am not the only fat and lazy CA here I'm sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.