I'm looking for a hobby...

Alan

Honorary Master
Thanks for all the feedback guys. After careful consideration i have decided to go with the guitar option. I have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument so that seems like a good option.
Never played a real guitar before so it will be a nice learning curve.
I've been thinking of getting a bass guitar. Got an old 12 string guitar but never really got around to learning how to play.

DJ...

Banned
Thanks for all the feedback guys. After careful consideration i have decided to go with the guitar option. I have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument so that seems like a good option.
Never played a real guitar before so it will be a nice learning curve.
Good choice, be patient and persistent...

Neuer knew photography was so expensive!These engineers i work with must be earning good salarys as most of them are into that.
Cheers:)
IT engineers? Yeah, most IT guys earn far too much money. I reckon they should just halve the salaries for anyone working IT :p

CathJ

Expert Member
Go to your nearest archery range.
Definitely. Gets you out in the open air, and it's incredibly satisfying to hear that thunk as the arrow hits the target :)

(Just be careful to wear the leather arm protector thingies - the last time I went, my arm was purple for weeks).

thedutchman

Expert Member
how about golfing ? gets your mind off stuff, a precision game and its fun... if you can play well :D

redarrow

Expert Member
And what is RC Helo's??
Radio Controlled Helicopter ;)

Very fun and something that takes lots of practice to master.. :)

Kind of expensive though, especially during the practicing stage.. :D

But then you also get some of those much cheaper indoor models some of which are fairly hardy and not to difficult to fly.. :)

Nocturnity

Expert Member
So, you decided on guitar. Excellent choice.

Get yourself a fairly decent Ibanez electric and a Line6 TonePort/GuitarPort. That way you don't need to buy an expensive amp and you get tons of sounds to play around with. Your PC will need fairly decent speakers though. This is the cheapest, highest quality approach. You could use the setup to record as well.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Flying (Single engine aircraft) - good hobby, but need money and decent weather.
Hang gliding - excellent hobby, not that pricey, preferably need half decent weather.
Sky diving - Not too pricey and plenty of fun.

Alan

Honorary Master
Flying (Single engine aircraft) - good hobby, but need money and decent weather.
Hang gliding - excellent hobby, not that pricey, preferably need half decent weather.
Sky diving - Not too pricey and plenty of fun.
Out of interest do people who go up with you allowed parachutes?

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Out of interest do people who go up with you allowed parachutes?
U can take one if u want.:)

If there's an engine failure or something, you just glide down and land somewhere.

In aerobatic aircraft u always get one.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
How many flying hours you got?
Around 160 hours.

At R2000 an hour for that yak 52, u won't want to be flying straight and level all the time.:)

Have a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-52
Performance

Never exceed speed: 419 km/h (450 km/h with all AD's) (226 kts)
Maximum speed: 272 km/h (147 kts)
Cruise speed: 237 km/h (128 kts)
Stall speed: 111 km/h (60 kts)
Range: 510 km 275 mn as standard or with long range fuel 1000+ ()
Service ceiling 4000 m (13123 ft)
Rate of climb: 7 m/s (1400 ft/mn)

Fern9do

Expert Member
Im not looking for a hobby anymore.
Was buying some clothes now for my cousins wedding the weekend.
Just as im about to leave the mall i run into my ex-girlfriend(Who i havn't seen in 6 months).She looks even hotter than she used to so naturally my hormones kicks in and i invite her to the wedding.Now i think im gona try and get back together with her.
So it looks like i will be going with the bonking option after all:)

hxc87x

Expert Member
paintball, martial arts (muay thai ftw!!!) or playing guitar.
still consider these, even though you want to get back with your ex... they're awesome!

Last edited:

Keeper

Honorary Master
paintball, martial arts (muay thai ftw!!!) or playing guitar.
still consider these, even though you want to get back with your ex... they're awesome!
kudos for putting paintball 1st in the list.:rolleyes: