I'm looking for a hobby...

Keeper

Honorary Master
I prefer a combination of these two suggestions: bonking models...

My hobbies are djing and music production. Learning a musical instrument will become more than just a hobby as well, it can become a passion. Musical creativity is very rewarding!
Do you eat Fruity Loops for breakfast?

Juggy

Executive Member
10 pin bowling sounds like fun...i think il look into that.
What kind of numbers are you talking about when you say expensive bwana?
5 to 10k for a camera then all the bits and bobs in between.

Can run R25K to get setup nicely.

Keeper

Honorary Master
How can you NOT know what fruity loops are?:confused: u sure U into music production?:p

DJ...

Banned
How can you NOT know what fruity loops are?:confused: u sure U into music production?:p
OK, I see what you are getting at. I am more of a Cubase fan - I plug FL Studio into Cubase as a VST or DX plugin.

Jonny Two Shoes

Expert Member
Guitar is cool, I play electric. It takes a loooot of time though if you want to be good. You don't need to get anything expensive if you plan on playing just for yourself. As long as it's decent enough not to frustrate you when for instance the sound quality is shyte so research first!!

Martial Arts is my other hobby.

Paintball sounds cool but for me it doesn't last long enough :( something that fun should last all day but alas you needs lots of spare moola for that.

Get a nice sword, blunt one obviously, and spend all day sharpening it the good old grinding stone and polish way. It takes forever but has its reward in the end :)

Shooting range, be it a bow or a pistol/rifle/revolver.

Golf is another option. I suck at it btw :p

I spoke to a guy the other day who takes part in building those robots and showing them off at popular events. Big fan base here, like those guys who are trying to make robots play soccer and walk/talk like humans.

Same guy above also does parkour, so there is another option...parkour or freerunning if that's your preference. There is quite a lot of Parkour happening in SA.

Table tennis? I don't suck at this btw :p thanks to all those bunked classes at Damelin.

If Internet is your thing then get stuck into an MMORPG and become good at it :)

Man there are sooo many things one can take up as a hobby provided you have the time :)

Keeper

Honorary Master
Hehe... there we go! :D

Almost wanted to shot the words "wakey wakey"

Using FL Studio / etc can be fun, but a bit intermidating if you have no music knowledge... Rather Start with Visual J# Development or Advanced 3D Animation in Maya. :D

DJ...

Banned
If you have a short temper then steer clear of golf and any weapons!

Why not take up a sport like touch rugby, action cricket, indoor soccer? Keeps you fit and is very social as well.

Devill

Damned
If you have a short temper then steer clear of golf and any weapons!

Why not take up a sport like touch rugby, action cricket, indoor soccer? Keeps you fit and is very social as well.

Try rock climbing, its very good for you and its a more social event then most :p

Keeper

Honorary Master
You can balance soccerballs on your head (which is covered with a paperbag ofcourse) while dancing naked to the tune of the Maccarena on your lawn.
*Remember to cut holes for eyes

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
10 pin bowling sounds like fun...i think il look into that.
What kind of numbers are you talking about when you say expensive bwana?
Its going to cost anywhere from a couple thousand rand for a decent point and shoot to r5-6k for a decent starter dSLR - and then it goes up from there :) You dont need the biggest and the best to start off with.

Devill

Damned
You can balance soccerballs on your head (which is covered with a paperbag ofcourse) while dancing naked to the tune of the Maccarena on your lawn.
Rofl :D

/gets youtube spot ready for cashmoney :p

Alan

Honorary Master

I once got rather good at bouncing Avos on a hockey stick at school. Does that count as a hobby?

:D

Fern9do

Expert Member
Thanks for all the feedback guys. After careful consideration i have decided to go with the guitar option. I have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument so that seems like a good option.
Never played a real guitar before so it will be a nice learning curve.

You guys have some interesting hobbies, bonking robots wtf.
Neuer knew photography was so expensive!These engineers i work with must be earning good salarys as most of them are into that.
Cheers:)