Importing stuff through the Post Office

Lefty309

Hi. For anyone who imports stuff through the post office, do you put down your residential address when placing your order, or the address of your nearest post office branch?

I believe using your residential address means the items are delivered to a random branch in your area, correct me if I'm wrong. But to me this is less than ideal than simply specifying your preferred branch at the time of placing the order. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Speedster

Honorary Master
Hi. For anyone who imports stuff through the post office, do you put down your residential address when placing your order, or the address of your nearest post office branch?

I believe using your residential address means the items are delivered to a random branch in your area, correct me if I'm wrong. But to me this is less than ideal than simply specifying your preferred branch at the time of placing the order. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks
I'd strongly reconsider using SAPO if you hope to get the goods before mankind has forgotten about the coronavirus pandemic of 2019

Lefty309

I'd strongly reconsider using SAPO if you hope to get the goods before mankind has forgotten about the coronavirus pandemic of 2019
Oh I'm well aware of SAPO's parcel losses/theft and long wait times, but I'm fine with those risks. I won't be needing my goods for a few months anyway, and it isn't worth the cost of more expensive private couriers.

B-1

Expert Member
Who still ships via sapo except wish? Yes you put your postbox or street address but you hardly ever get the collection slip so if you have a tracking number use that otherwise you need to go check the book at your local sapo to see if its there.

Lefty309

Who still ships via sapo except wish? Yes you put your postbox or street address but you hardly ever get the collection slip so if you have a tracking number use that otherwise you need to go check the book at your local sapo to see if its there.
Yes the shipping will come with a tracking number. So putting down a SAPO branch address closest to me would be better than my residential address, correct?

Sensorei

Executive Member

You must mean 'donating stuff to the post office'.

Louis72

Expert Member

Sometimes Mail is the only option on platforms such as Ebay and Aliexpress. Especially low value items.

Personally because I dont have a PO Box at SAPO anymore I just use my residential address.

The postal code of the area is important. The parcel wil be sent to the closest branch in the area.

You may or may not get the collection slip at your gate. Just track the parcel with the tracking number online.
Expect anything from 1-3 months wait.

Chinmaya

Since 2011 I have been using SAPO to import things for personal use. Yes, there is delay and hiccups but end of the day I have received them. Touchwood. My items are sent with a tracking number and that helps me see where it is stuck and I do the followup if it is longer than normal. Now they have improved and I get an SMS once the item is in the local post office. The destination address you give while sending the items to is how the head post office decides which local branch to send it to. Good Luck!

PseuDohNom

Sapo sucks. But if you insist:

Put your residential address. Use the postal code that's on the sign above your local post office and it should end up there for collection.

B-1

Expert Member
Yes the shipping will come with a tracking number. So putting down a SAPO branch address closest to me would be better than my residential address, correct?

I would just put my residential address but my PO has a pretty cool manager.