iOS 7.1 released.

Dave

Honorary Master
For those wanting it, iOS 7.1 has been released.

Don't update if you want to keep the jailbreak though, 7.1 has patched the evasi0n exploit.

Last edited:

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Seems like a good update. Was thinking of getting the 5S in a months time. But the one I played with had a bit of lag that I wasn't used to on an iDevice. But then again I only had the iPad 2 and it didn't do the multithreading that the 5S can do now.

Way69

Find that the difference on my 5s and Mini Retina is quite subtle... Loaded it on my girlfriends iPad 2 and the speed increase is so dramatic that I could actually turn on all the motion effects again (its shocking how bad non retina screens look when you're used to retina0.

creeper

Executive Member
I did a full installation on my iPhone 4s. 1.2GB The update is working well. Faster, less crashes.

Gulio

Banned
Got mine today.
Received a call, dont like the new circle answer or reject options:sick:

Beavcoon

Downloaded 7.1 (268 mb) on my 5S yesterday and what a difference!!!

The speed increase is incredibly noticeable. I didn't think it could get any faster. Fingerprint recognition is COMPLETELY flawless now too.

My battery life seems to have improved too!

I love the new features such as calender split view and flash detection in the camera app.
The minor details are also very appreciated.

Good job Apple!

Gulio

Banned
Downloaded 7.1 (268 mb) on my 5S yesterday and what a difference!!!

The speed increase is incredibly noticeable. I didn't think it could get any faster. Fingerprint recognition is COMPLETELY flawless now too.

My battery life seems to have improved too!

I love the new features such as calender split view and flash detection in the camera app.
The minor details are also very appreciated.

Good job Apple!

:confused::wtf:

Gulio

Banned
I see theyve updated the fingerprint recognition to allow other finger prints, very useful for me.

alatheia

Will this now also fix the 7.05 wifi sync issues? I did a search but could not get clarity.

Dave

Honorary Master
I see theyve updated the fingerprint recognition to allow other finger prints, very useful for me.

It allowed 5 prints to be stored previously, how many does it store now?

alatheia

I have yet to update but my son says his 5S seems to be much faster now. I am a bit skeptical as previous updates broke the local sync functionality, which was why we had bought onto Apple in the first place. I will wait some time before updating. Macrumours already reporting bugs with 7.1.

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
Works great. No lag with typing. No lag with games and apps after they loaded. Everything is smooth. We're talking going from Vista to XP here.

Wifi sync issues still occur with Airport Extreme Base Station. Funny that the iPad and MBP connect better to the MWEB Technicolor network than the one set up by the Airport Extreme. Apple products are simply not that compatible with each other, it's better to always get from compatible vendors.