iPad2 Gets Official SA Release Date - 29 April 2011!

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
Damn, just ruined my Vodacom data sim card when I was cutting it. Doesn't recognize it. Have to get a new one.

Pixual

Expert Member
There goes another 607.7MB of data as I download the iPad software update. Apple is now accounting for around 30% of my bandwidth costs each month.

fxit_man

Executive Member
There goes another 607.7MB of data as I download the iPad software update. Apple is now accounting for around 30% of my bandwidth costs each month.

iStore probably could haven given it to you on a flash stick.. Although they'd prob look at you funny with the queues now :p

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
You gotta cut very very close to the chip like the template shows. Then it should work.

I have cut 3 other sims before without any problems. I was just working too carelessly now because of the excitement ;-)

Last edited:

adamr

Executive Member
anyone know who is selling these micro sim cutters? in jhb are pref ... gonna use it on the wooosh cell c stick i got (dont want to do it manually, scared ill f the sim up)

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
Anyone know if Apple Smart Covers are also now available? Cost?

Incredible Connection has all of them. Prices see above.

I am somehow regretting not getting the ipad in white. I can never make up my mind about stuff.

fxit_man

Executive Member
Incredible Connection has all of them. Prices see above.

I am somehow regretting not getting the ipad in white. I can never make up my mind about stuff.

Apparently the white one has less favourable screen contrast compared to black...Does that help? :D

Donovan

Does anyone know if the Sandton iStore still has 16GB 3G and WiFi in black?

Pixual

Expert Member
I didn't think the white one looked as good as the black one, so I went black.

So, where are the games?

Pixual

Expert Member
I actually can't believe that I have to open up a US account just for a few games. WTF? Is there some kind of mind police here in SA that prohibit games from being bought online too? Jesus... And they wonder about piracy.

fxit_man

Executive Member
I actually can't believe that I have to open up a US account just for a few games. WTF? Is there some kind of mind police here in SA that prohibit games from being bought online too? Jesus... And they wonder about piracy.

lol yes unfortunately due to some ridiculous SA restrictions most good games aren't available in the SA iTunes store..

greg0205

Honorary Master

For "mind police" substitute "Film and Publication Board" and you're spot on...