iPad2 Gets Official SA Release Date - 29 April 2011!

Speedster

Honorary Master
i'll be at incredible connection cresta tomorrow to get mine (hopefully depending on the stock). 32 gig wifi will work fine for me. will use personal hotspot on my iphone.

Cool. Let us know how the iPhone battery copes with that.

fxit_man

Executive Member
According to a member on my forum, Word has it iStores will have it on launch day (tomorrow) from opening time.

randomwalsh

Expert Member
Just spoke to people at incredible connection pavillion. It appears that they won't have stock for opening tomorrow. Sounds like they will only get during the day tomorrow.

Grimspoon

Executive Member
According to a member on my forum, Word has it iStores will have it on launch day (tomorrow) from opening time.

Sweeeet!!! :D

Anyone know how the 10% discount works when using a discovery card? Do you get 10% off the price straight away, or do you buy it full price and the refund you the 10% at a later stage to your card?

fxit_man

Executive Member
Sweeeet!!! :D

Anyone know how the 10% discount works when using a discovery card? Do you get 10% off the price straight away, or do you buy it full price and the refund you the 10% at a later stage to your card?

I would just check with the particular iStore you are going to before hand.

I don't think its immidiate from what I've heard.

Grimspoon

Executive Member
I would just check with the particular iStore you are going to before hand.

I don't think its immidiate from what I've heard.

Cool will do.

Just hope they have stock. Actually thinking I will go for the 32GB version. 16 just might not be enough.

weelzSA

Expert Member
I went for the 16gig black wifi version as it is all I need. Bought mine in from Canada a while back and havent had any storage or connectivity problems at all. If I'm not around wifi connection, fire up the personal hotspot feature on my iPhone and I am ready to go. And with movies, I have a couple on my iPad but mostly just stream them from home or work using airvideo or something similar. All my music is on my iPhone so if i really need to use the ipad as media, then just stream the music to my iPad from my iPhone - dont see the point in having two devices with the same content on it???

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah, confirmed that with Melrose iStore, plan on hitting them tomorrow morning 1st thing, me and probably a couple hundred other padders...

fxit_man

Executive Member
But then you will miss Will & Kate's wedding...:p

LOL. You were joking...right? :D

Yeah, confirmed that with Melrose iStore, plan on hitting them tomorrow morning 1st thing, me and probably a couple hundred other padders...

Great to hear that they are stocking from day 1! Like I said in my forum, if there are any left on Sat I can try and organise a friend working at one of the stores to keep one aside. He's not sure if he can yet, but will see on Sat :)

Rishalin

LOL - sorry for all those guys who bought iPad 2 (from abroad) and thought they would sell it off here in SA for ridiculous prices!!

Pixual

Expert Member
Just spoke to people at incredible connection pavillion. It appears that they won't have stock for opening tomorrow. Sounds like they will only get during the day tomorrow.

Dude, there are no people working at IC Pavilion, only morons who couldn't wire up an electrical plug if they tried! Never before in my life have I encountered ineptitude as dire as that which is on display in that particular shop.

Grimspoon

Executive Member
LOL - sorry for all those guys who bought iPad 2 (from abroad) and thought they would sell it off here in SA for ridiculous prices!!

Ya, the guys trying to sell them for R15 000 :rolleyes: idiots.

I can't decide if I should get the 16 or 32 GB.

marlinwebster

Called the Menlyn iStore; the guy confirmed that they would have stock at 9am, I think they already have stock on hand, the guy said that if I was early in the cue, I'd probably get the model I wanted. Do you think this was all hype of do you guys think there will be hectic cues tomorrow? Anyone here heading to Menlyn tomorrow? I'm thinking about a divide and conquer approach... PM me.

M

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
Called the Menlyn iStore; the guy confirmed that they would have stock at 9am, I think they already have stock on hand, the guy said that if I was early in the cue, I'd probably get the model I wanted. Do you think this was all hype of do you guys think there will be hectic cues tomorrow? Anyone here heading to Menlyn tomorrow? I'm thinking about a divide and conquer approach... PM me.

M

I was just wondering about the queues myself. I actually don't think there will be this huge demand tomorrow.