iPhone 5 rumours

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
iPhone 5 rumours

With rumours circulating around Apple's next iPhone entry, what are the most likely features the new device will boast?

Last edited:

Hummercellc

Expert Member
At the rate Apple are being owned by Samsung with Courts ruling in favor of Samsung. I don't think any parts will be available to build the iPhone?

Ice2Cool

Expert Member
At the rate Apple are being owned by Samsung with Courts ruling in favor of Samsung. I don't think any parts will be available to build the iPhone?
You've obviously been smoking too many seeds. Apple has been winning the majority of the lawsuits against Samsung.

Nether

Expert Member
You've obviously been smoking too many seeds. Apple has been winning the majority of the lawsuits against Samsung.
Only in the USA have they won alot of their suits.

In the UK, they're patents have been declared invalid.
They even have to post on they're own site an apology to Samsung.

In Australia samsung has shown evidence where Apple have copied sony's design that looks exactly like the iPhone, but predates 2 years before.

If you want I can link all the articles for you, but i'm lazy. You can find all of them on Anandtech.

Edit: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=25277
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=25266

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Only in the USA have they won alot of their suits.

In the UK, they're patents have been declared invalid.
They even have to post on they're own site an apology to Samsung.

In Australia samsung has shown evidence where Apple have copied sony's design that looks exactly like the iPhone, but predates 2 years before.

If you want I can link all the articles for you, but i'm lazy. You can find all of them on Anandtech
If you decide to look you'll also see the apology order has been stayed. :)

Nether

Expert Member
If you decide to look you'll also see the apology order has been stayed. :)
Only because they appealed it btw. If the appeal fails they will still have to post.

But this is totally off topic, apple fans should rejoice! Because of competition apple is forced to create a better phone. This goes for samsung and all the others aswell.

Really great for all consumers

surfs-up

Expert Member
This new iPhone is arriving just in time for my contract renewal. I think stock availability will be poor here in SA....but I will wait for it, it will be worth the wait.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Smaller 19-pin dock connector to make space for more internal components
This should have read "standard Micro USB connector, so you can use the same charger as every other phone in the universe"
or "different connector for no apparent real reason, so you need to rebuy all your accessories, making all vendors selling apple accessories happy"

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
This new iPhone is arriving just in time for my contract renewal. I think stock availability will be poor here in SA....but I will wait for it, it will be worth the wait.
And you know the date of arrival how?

Part of me really wants an iphone but the idea of a 7" ipad is also appealing.

sand_man

Honorary Master
This should have read "standard Micro USB connector, so you can use the same charger as every other phone in the universe"
or "different connector for no apparent real reason, so you need to rebuy all your accessories, making all vendors selling apple accessories happy"
+ A billion.

And you know the date of arrival how?

Part of me really wants an iphone but the idea of a 7" ipad is also appealing.
+ A trillion.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Thing is you can use an iPhone/iPad charger to charge just about any device anyway just by plugging in a different cable. I can't say the same about the chargers for my other devices. We went away recently and my iPad charger was used to charge two ipads, an iPhone, two blackberrys with different usb sizes, and various powerpacks and all we needed to bring was a few small cables.

milomak

Honorary Master
most devices seem to use microusb though do they not? so if everyone used microusb we could carry around one charger? or two for the higher power/amps needed for tablets.

R13...

Honorary Master
Only because they appealed it btw. If the appeal fails they will still have to post.

But this is totally off topic, apple fans should rejoice! Because of competition apple is forced to create a better phone. This goes for samsung and all the others aswell.

Really great for all consumers
The competition is great for consumers. You might hate them, but when they decided to enter the smartphone market they turned it on its head and everyone had to copy the apple way or get left behind. Nokia and blackberry aren't doing too well, because their copies failed.