iPhones VS the rest (lets have some fun!)

kris860911

Expert Member
why would you need mms when the phone supports push e-mail?

mms is limited, e-mail isn't.

plus there is an app you can get to send mms.. SO i dont see the problem.
I mean. we love to find and download apps.. its cool. well... i wouldnt mind, if i had an i-phone :D

Keeper

Honorary Master
Here's another similar rant:

*My Bugatti Veyron doesn't have any cup holders - even mini's have cup holders!
*I have to change gears manually! Automatic transmissions have been around for years!!
*it uses 40.4 L/100 km in city driving - a Corsa does better than that!
*2 Doors - ONLY 2 Doors? WTF is that?!
* Not much bootspace either, even a 4x4 has more bootspace for much cheaper.
*waaaaay overpriced, and you can't even buy them in SA - you would have to import one FFS...

I have never drivin this car but from personal experience (seeing pics on the web) i can definetly say that this is one crap product.

-----

Point:
So you don't get all the features, that even cheaper cars have......so what! who needs cupholders and bootspace when you can go 407 km/h and 0-100 in 2.5 seconds.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
MMS is overrated ... just send the photo over mxit or e-mail :p
I think I've sent four mms's from my blackberry since I got it and three of those were by mistake.

Last edited:

eitai2001

Expert Member

*I have to change gears manually! Automatic transmissions have been around for years!!
*waaaaay overpriced, and you can't even buy them in SA - you would have to import one FFS...

I have never drivin this car but from personal experience (seeing pics on the web) i can definetly say that this is one crap product.

-----

Point:
So you don't get all the features, that even cheaper cars have......so what! who needs cupholders and bootspace when you can go 407 km/h and 0-100 in 2.5 seconds.

OMW ... no cup holders ... I think I'll rather get a Mazerati (Spelling), I think I remember seeing cupholders.

And besides ... whats the use of a 400km/h car if you are on a road littered with potholes / sand road ... same with apple ... the OS is great and fast ... the features ... not so great. Same with the Veyron ... but with both products, you never gonna be able to use them to the full potential ... you just by them for show.
But don't get me wrong ... if I won an applie iphone 3g, I'd keep it ... wouldn't go buy one though. For personal use its great ... for business, its rather K@K ... or for running my business anyway. Except it has nice browser which is a plus

Devill

Damned

-----

Point:

So you agree iphones are over compensating for something else? :D

Keeper

Honorary Master
No, i'm simply saying that just because it doesn't have features that have been around for a while doesn't make it crap, there are plenty of other features that make up for it.

why worry about cupholders when you can go 407 km/h / why worry about mms when you have push e-mail

would you rather have a mini with cupholders instead of a bugatti veyron?!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord

*My Bugatti Veyron ....

Hold on there just a sec...

The difference between the Veyron and the iPhone is that VW is selling them at about a 7th of the price it costs to make them. The iPhone is quite the opposite I would say.

To VW it was an engineering challenge to make that car. Now I am not a big fan of VW - but you gotta admit - that is showing your passion for cars and engineering - respect VW.

eitai2001

Expert Member
OT/ I quite enjoyed watching the video of the Golf 5 souped up with a Bentleigh V12 Engiine and Lambo Suspension ... was entertaining, you couldn't take a light corner without spinning out :p ... never the less, they only made 1 :p

Keeper

Honorary Master
So this is all about the iPhone being too expensive for you? that other guy was right..

perhaps you secretly want one but can't afford one and now you hate all the ppl who can and even apple themselves for making it above your price range...

Get a life bro...

Seriously

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
MMS is overrated ... just send the photo over mxit or e-mail :p

MMS is very popular - just because the iPhone does not have it does not mean it is overrated. And on a different note, yes, just because I don't have an iPhone does not mean it is overrated either.

Keep in mind that the iPhone can't run java (so mxit is out) and when you email a picture it is downsized to 0.5 megapixel. A Nokia N82 on the other hand will only downsize a picture when you MMS it and you need to stick to the 300kb limit of MMS v1.2. If you email it the 5megapixel image will be sent in all it's glory.

So what I am saying is that while you might not feel the burn for not having MMS on your phone a lot of people will and find the alternatives that the iPhone offer limited at best.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
So this is all about the iPhone being too expensive for you? that other guy was right..

No that is not the point, I could afford a N82 (no contract) and that was when they where still overpriced because they where just launched.

Yet again you miss the point by trying to make personal comments. Perhaps if you try to stop going personal you will talk a lot more sense? (or just end up being very quiet :rolleyes: yeah I know that was personal so two can play at that)

eitai2001

Expert Member
MMS is very popular - just because the iPhone does not have it does not mean it is overrated. And on a different note, yes, just because I don't have an iPhone does not mean it is overrated either.

Keep in mind that the iPhone can't run java (so mxit is out) and when you email a picture it is downsized to 0.5 megapixel. A Nokia N82 on the other hand will only downsize a picture when you MMS it and you need to stick to the 300kb limit of MMS v1.2. If you email it the 5megapixel image will be sent in all it's glory.

So what I am saying is that while you might not feel the burn for not having MMS on your phone a lot of people will and find the alternatives that the iPhone offer limited at best.

I don't say MMS is overrated because the iPhone doesn't have it ... I say it is overrated because of all my friends and their friends and my family and their family, I think in aggregate we must have sent like 40-50 since MMS came out. Me ... I think I've sent about 10 or 15 mms's in my life, but now mxit came out and I just use that ... not that I send much though. But iPhone not supporting Java is a big Insult to the cellphone gods :sick: ... I did not know that ... and that has just put me off ever having to buy an iPhone ... I must use about 15 different Java applications. Maybe there are iPhone equivalents, but still.

Also, of all the MMS's I've ever received ... the only 1 that was actually worth receiving was of my niece the day she was born. And it could've been sent via e-mail anyway.

Although I still think iPhone is stupid for not including MMS ... not cause it will affect me, but I'm sure it'll affect other people.

I go back to my original comment ... the only thing I like about iPhone is the interface and the Multitouch and Metalic Casing

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
So you agree iphones are over compensating for something else? :D

LoL :D

Why does it have to go down that line?

As for the opening post of this thread, I enjoyed it and found it informative.
Rendier and the rest are going off on a tangent, thats too acute.

Rouxenator points out simply that the iPhone is lacking in comparison with other phones. So what? Accept the point of view, don't and debate it.
Making it personal over a darn phone is ridiculous.

And yes, I've come across Rouxenator's other posts in the "Official 3G iPhone thread" and not found them to being that of someone that is pushing an agenda.

The guy is not impressed with Jobs' toy - neither am I.
There are those of you that are - in your droves, you are... So what?
Praise the damn thing and be done with it, but when someone comes along and gives fact on how its a let down in certain instances, don't attack the poster.

I personally am waiting to get my hands on the Sony X1.

Have a good day now :) :D

eitai2001

Expert Member
Heard good things bout the X1 ... If I am not mistaken it is WM6 ... if it is, I hope they can crack the GUI like they did the HTC Cube GUI :)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Heard good things bout the X1 ... If I am not mistaken it is WM6 ... if it is, I hope they can crack the GUI like they did the HTC Cube GUI :)

Sony has always done good when it comes to make GUIs. As far as I remember UIQ has a few neat tricks over Series60 UI and both of them ran on Symbian. Would love to read a review on the X1 when it comes out. Perhaps it will even cause Nokia to delay the Tube even more in order to enhance it :eek:

eitai2001

Expert Member
Ah Farkit ... stupid thing doesn't display nice :p

"OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional"

Which means they can hopefully crack the UI :)

Last edited:

Keeper

Honorary Master
there are thousands of apps being released on the iPhone, which don't use Java, and don't need it. I don't see a problem here unless you are a java developer that can't program in anything else, and want to code something for the iPhone.

also, Java sucks IMHO, the iPhones SDK is much more powerfull anyway, and is intended to be used for the iPhone.

There are plenty of EXCELLENT iPhone Apps available, that work seamlessly with it - why would you wanna run some crappy java games/apps on it ?

also - java on websites are executed on the backend, so that wouldn't cause a problem when surfing on a page that uses java.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Ah Farkit ... stupid thing doesn't display nice :p

"OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional"

Which means they can hopefully crack the UI :)

Well, the X1 will be a high profile device - but I don't think it will be over hyped - which is good. I would really hate to see it end up at blendtec... like the iPhone did - damn I love that video.

If you haven't seen the first one then you need to check it out first - iSmoke - LOL ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI

Then the second one - I love when he says : Hey, this isn't iSmoke ! This must be 3Gsmoke - I blended the wrong phone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
there are thousands of apps being released on the iPhone, which don't use Java, and don't need it. I don't see a problem here unless you are a java developer that can't program in anything else, and want to code something for the iPhone.

also, Java sucks IMHO, the iPhones SDK is much more powerfull anyway, and is intended to be used for the iPhone.

There are plenty of EXCELLENT iPhone Apps available, that work seamlessly with it - why would you wanna run some crappy java games/apps on it ?

also - java on websites are executed on the backend, so that wouldn't cause a problem when surfing on a page that uses java.

So I guess thats another NO to chalk up next to the iPhone.

Does not MXiT - but it does blend : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs

eitai2001

Expert Member
I rate apple pays him cause he shows all the nice features before blending :p

Hype no hype ... I just want the X1 UI ... shouldn't be too hard for them ... I mean it is an addition on WM6, so other WM6 phones should be able to get it once someone cracks it.