IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the silly misconception that the IS newsserver is free. It's not, because if it was you'd be able to use your SAIX account with it.

It's not a silly misconception. It's free for IS accounts as opposed to a pay-for premium news server. When it's down does IS care? No. Because it's free. The news server manager Charles Glass has said this himself.

Furthermore I don't see why people in this forum carry on boasting about their zillion megabit connection "and I downloaded gazillion from x.news.com" - cos if you pay enough (for anything) you get what you want anyway - paying that much for downloads you might as well get dvd's posted to you from warez groups. So please post something useful that we all can benefit from. Also - if I wanted wisecracks I would go to barryhilton.co.za :)
 
Hissy fit over, now go play in the iburst forums or something, leave us alone. Thanks
 
It's not a silly misconception. It's free for IS accounts as opposed to a pay-for premium news server. When it's down does IS care? No. Because it's free. The news server manager Charles Glass has said this himself.

Furthermore I don't see why people in this forum carry on boasting about their zillion megabit connection "and I downloaded gazillion from x.news.com" - cos if you pay enough (for anything) you get what you want anyway - paying that much for downloads you might as well get dvd's posted to you from warez groups. So please post something useful that we all can benefit from. Also - if I wanted wisecracks I would go to barryhilton.co.za :)

I agree with Dabouncer. Just cause youre not smart enough to maxmise your adsl usage doenst mean the rest of us do the same. For R150 I get +- 30 gig International. Its cool tho champ, I see you have your own style and like to do it your way, good for you. Also, "the cousin" is old news, you need to get up to date...its Michael Naiker or Pablo Fransisco for funnies :) I guess old taste and habits die hard. its all good man. Youre a cool guy.

Style
 
Sandman30s you like only have 4 posts here ....so before getting all big about yourself post some more, learn whats going on and maybe people will like you.

On the Newsserver side this month has been going better for me being able to download at max speeds on my 384 line again...only shame is that some of the posts has already been purged...
 
I agree Soulburner, Sandman30s don't spoil our fun please bro ;) Be nice to people.
 
Its not free and what we download is our own business.

Wow Sandman, I didn't see it, I'll bite you dabouncer :D, I'll spank that little behind! ;)

Look at my first post today. Look at the first reply. I think my first post was friendly. The first reply was downright rude. How am I expected to react?

React like you normally would to the offenders post, but try to do it in a nicer way, tell him to bite his grandma's left nipple of something :p
 
My post was not rude, you know when something is asked a million times in the same thread about what we download and so on it becomes very frustrating. Think of it as a frustrated post. Can we please stop all these senseless posts and get back on topic.
 
Yeah, let's get on topic, I'm using newsleecher and getting about 40KB/s on my 512 connection from both servers @ 4 connections each, I may have missed it, but is it going to stay @ 4 connections or will it increase? ;)
 
I recon 4 is gonna be the norm. I fired up my dls a few minutes ago and was happilly getting 300kb/s, turned my back, came back and back down to 40kb/s. Oh well...
 
Sandman30s i could understand that you feel the reply might have been rude but i have to agree with dabouncer that what everyone downloads is their bussness. Dont take it that i am trying to be rude i am justing saying i also feel its none of other people bussness for what i download and to be honest i dont care what other people download. As for bousting of speeds....well when it comes to IS newsserver you have to do it for its really an amazing thing.
 
dabouncer i think the topic hjas been spoken about dude

HOW MANY MORE TIMES CAN WE SAY THE SERVER IS DOWN?

move on im sure we can talk bout other thing man o man

if you see a topic it does mean you have to talk about it for the next 5 months rofl

im using grabit and getting 41.6kbs the whole day :)

dont worry bout these okes sandman they just to chicken**** to tell you about the midget porno they download at 4mbit :)
 
My post was not rude, you know when something is asked a million times in the same thread about what we download and so on it becomes very frustrating. Think of it as a frustrated post. Can we please stop all these senseless posts and get back on topic.

It's not like people new to the forums are going to read 52 pages of posts before asking a question. You guys please need to be more tolerant. Back to topic - whatever that is - I get only 20k/s on my 384 on 4 connections. At that speed I will still reach the hardcap of 30 gig? So I don't see the point of anything faster unless you pay $$$ for international?
 
I recon 4 is gonna be the norm. I fired up my dls a few minutes ago and was happilly getting 300kb/s, turned my back, came back and back down to 40kb/s. Oh well...

i wish i could always get 40kb/s but sometimes i go down to like 2kb/s...guess thats life with IS:rolleyes:
 
dabouncer i think the topic hjas been spoken about dude

HOW MANY MORE TIMES CAN WE SAY THE SERVER IS DOWN?

move on im sure we can talk bout other thing man o man

if you see a topic it does mean you have to talk about it for the next 5 months rofl

im using grabit and getting 41.6kbs the whole day :)

dont worry bout these okes sandman they just to chicken**** to tell you about the midget porno they download at 4mbit :)

So then have the thread closed wise ass. :cool:
 
rofl but why dude its a good thread with lotsa interesting points

why not stop reading the thread :) wiser ass
 
lol! my money is on killadoob, his strength(more posts) are higher.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X